Colorado Bugle report

Wapiti87

FNG
I just wanted to give a bugle report. I hunted OTC in the north central part of Colorado last year the 1st and 3rd week of the season. We only had a couple days where we heard bugles the 1st week of season and heard absolutely no bugles the 3rd week of season. Was just wondering if other guys had similar experiences last year or if it was a bugle fest. Let me know your experiences if you will.

Nowadays Elk only bugle here between the start of archery and beginning of first rifle.
The only time they rut now is between seasons

Daniel0307

Lil-Rokslider
I hunted unit 81 first two weeks of archery in 2018.. hardly any bugles... it was a tough hunt being very very dry where I was at

Broadhead

FNG
In my experience, they hardly bugle at all until around September 14th. Even then, things can be hot one day, and not the next.

Bucky

Lil-Rokslider
I hunted western Colorado in 2014 1st rifle which is October and had several bulls bugling at early morning and could hear them through out the night.

adrock456

FNG
I hunted a few different units and heard bugles all season but most of them were at night or in the early hours of the morning. I did hunt a unit late in the season(last weekend) and on Saturday there were bulls screaming in every direction however when i returned on Sunday I only heard a few and all went quiet by 9am.

I will say though Saturday was overcast and cool and Sunday was clear and hot so that may have been why.