Cold feet

Blb8698

FNG
Good boot for cold feet? Seems like no matter what my damn feet always get cold.

Xbow hunter

Lil-Rokslider
The best thing I have done to keep my feet warm while hunting is to get some good un insulated boots. I wear wool socks and put boot blankets on when I get to my stand. Insulated boots make my feet sweat. When I get to my stand with sweaty feet they feel like ice cubes after 45 minutes. With un insulated boots and boot blankets I am comfortable for at least 3 to 4 hours before my feet begin to start feeling cold. You can add one of the chemical hand warmer packs at that time to extend your hunt.

i use a Sorel boot one with insulation, wool socks, and toe warmers on TOP of my toes. The boot cant be too tight or else itll limit blood circulation, and I found boots with rubber on top (like LLbean boots) to suck the heat away much quicker than other types of boots.

Ive tried electric socks but the wiring was irritating while walking.

hiker270

WKR
Leather boots with a good amount of insulation (1000-1200) and quality heavyweight merino wool socks. For me leather holds the heat much better than any rubber type. Sorel boots with felt do ok but for me they are just so bulky to do a lot of walking. My buddy swears by boot blankets. If it's really cold and I'm gonna sit for any length of time I wear my IWOM (It's the foolproof way to stay warm).

Depends on the situation. If you've got a walk to your stand, lighter boots then add the boot blankets when you get there. If not much of a walk, I like the Sorel felt lined boots.

Either way, a light poly liner sock with heavy wool over top will help too.

cobbc03

Lil-Rokslider
I went from 100 gram boots to uninsulated and 400 gram boots so my feet dont sweat as bad. When I get on stand I'll change my socks from a light pair to a heavyweight pair, and throw my Ice breaker boot blankets on with a hand warmer in them. I can sit all day at 30 degrees like this, without the boot blankets I may make it 2 hours.

Gamechanger for me was some quality electric socks. There is nothing better IMHO. I have tried high quality boots, boot blankets, standing on carpet, ect ect.

Electric socks have come a LONG ways over the years and I dont go into a treestand without my electric socks and electric vest anymore. Honestly, I don't know how I used to pull all day sits in miserable weather.....I must have really wanted a deer back when I was younger.

I would NOT wear these walking around though. Just for treestand hunting.

Last edited:

ClayW

FNG
Gamechanger for me was some quality electric socks. There is nothing better IMHO. I have tried high quality boots, boot blankets, standing on carpet, ect ect.

Electric socks have come a LONG ways over the years and I dont go into a treestand without my electric socks and electric vest anymore. Honestly, I don't know how I used to pull all day sits in miserable weather.....I must have really wanted a deer back when I was younger.

Which ones ya got?

Which ones ya got?
Ororo but honestly, if I was to do it over again, I beleive I would go with something that I could control from my smart phone. Nothing wrong with mine, it just that I dont run them all day. More like I turn them on as soon as my feet get cold and off when my feet feel like they are on fire...lol Having a remote to do that with would be a lot easier than trying to find that button.

I dont have these but these look pretty good and control from your smart phone.

Not enough information provided about your hunts, style (stands, lots of walking), current setup (boots/socks) to comment on why your feet are cold. Provide additional data for better feedback. Cold feet can be anything from your setup to poor circulation due to underlying health condition.

My lessons, which I'll share, using the exact same boots and socks:

Don't over tighten your laces!
Dry your sock and insoles daily. For me thats a small fire b/c I camp somewhere on the mountain.

The above variables are all I changed and I NO longer have cold feet.

do you have a brand you recommend? I have one pair but the wires always felt uncomfortable during walking.

Beagle1

Lil-Rokslider
Lenz electric socks are crazy expensive but if you want warm feet they are the gold standard in electric socks. I recently comfortably stand hunted in 10* weather while using the Lenz socks on the medium setting with a pair of heavyweight wool socks over them in a pair of Merrell 200 gram insulated hiking boots. A game changer.

jbwright

WKR
Classified Approved
Lenz electric socks are crazy expensive but if you want warm feet they are the gold standard in electric socks. I recently comfortably stand hunted in 10* weather while using the Lenz socks on the medium setting with a pair of heavyweight wool socks over them in a pair of Merrell 200 gram insulated hiking boots. A game changer.
Are they as durable as the price makes them seem? And did you go w/the 5.1's?

Last edited:

Beagle1

Lil-Rokslider
I have used them hard for four years for deer hunting and winter steelhead fishing and have had no problems with them even when I soaked them a few times fishing. I went with the 5.1. Honestly I don’t even worry about cold feet anymore when I fish and hunt in very cold weather.

And has been mentioned before proper fitting boots i.e. not too tight, makes a huge difference in keeping your feet warm. It took me a long time before I fully realized that.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
Puffy pants. Keep the pipes warm. Keep your core warm as well. Make sure whatever boots and sock combination you are using, they are not tight. If you deal with cold (say below 0 F) rather than just cool (say above 15 F) consider 40 Below over boots.

Stay well hydrated as well.

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Good boot for cold feet? Seems like no matter what my damn feet always get cold.

Our Extreme 13" Pac Boot, a full size to big + KLIM Mammoth sock and our Coolmax liner is the warmest setup I've ever work.... and i have tried a TON of different boots, socks, liners, insoles and so on out there. It was -41F at my house here in Bozeman this morning and my feet were toasty warm while shoveling the driveway. Had to take them off as soon as I got inside a house or vehicle, just too warm. haha Hope that helps - Matt