Coffee alternatives? (not in the field) Celsius?

Figured I'd ask here as lots are in tune with healthy eating. For several years I did vanilla coffee mate with the Costco columbian coffee. The coffeemate was delicious but lots of suspect ingredients thatwill probably take years off my life so I stopped the coffeemate. About the time i quit coffeemate I did keto and switched to heavy cream and a scoop of monk fruit sweetener in my coffee. That was ok, better than some of the almond milk stuff I tried but nowhere near as enjoyable as coffeemate. Since then I stopped keto and I'm doing half and half and monk fruit sweetener. It's better than hav cream but sometimes for a break I will have a monster zero sugar or Celsius instead.

I'm guessing monster zero sugaris is similar to coffeemate and filled with crap but is the Celsius ok to maybe switch to full time? I use sure keto to check ingredients and is seems to be decent. That seems to be the easiest to find in stores non crap energy drink so maybe was gonna switch to it full time. Or if there's any other suggestions for those that like sweeter creamier coffee please share. Maybe there's benefits to coffee I'm oblvious to and would be missing out on by switching to an energy drink Black coffee though not gonna happen and neither will quitting caffeine. I'm a special ed teacher and need all the energy I can get

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
For me, there is no substitute for coffee......I drink it because I like it. I sometimes drink it black, but prefer some milk, cream, or half and half, and a little bit of sweet-n-low. The coffeemate stuff is absolute crap.......taste-wise and ingredient-wise. When my wife and I got married, we had to get different coffee makers because she liked all that flavored coffee that then left residual tastes in the machine. She still uses all the flavored additives that all smell disgusting to me. If you're just looking for caffeine, you could always just use No-doze.

mtbraun

FNG
Check out Robert Lustig's work. In summary, "zero" sugar energy drinks are just as bad, if not worse than a good old fashioned Coke. The brain doesn't know the difference between real and fake sugar, so the insulin response is the same. And I'm guilty as charged, I enjoy a Celsius occasionally.

feanor

WKR
You can try loose leaf Yerba mate. Make it as strong as you want. I drink it a couple times a week. But I also drink coffee…

h2so4

WKR
If you’re looking for an energy drink option, I’ve enjoyed the jocko fuels. They are pretty clean and taste better than most. The lemon lime is like a clean, light Mountain Dew.

I enjoy coffee. And then after coffee I like Celsius. Celsius doesn’t seem like it’s too bad of a energy drink

Sometimes I take a break from coffee. Not only because I want to take a break from caffeine but also because I get sick of it when it’s hot as balls out in the summer. I just ordered some mud/wtr to try. I’ve heard good things about it. You can drink it alone or mix it with coffee.

Dave0317

WKR
From a cost standpoint, it’s hard to beat something like MTN Ops ignite, or a similar powder drink mix. Way cheaper than buying a $2 Celsius everyday. I usually get it on sale or when they offer a discount code and it comes to well under $1 per serving.

If you want to stick with hot coffee, have you tried Bulletproof coffee? It’s not super sweet, but it does have plenty of creaminess to it that helps dull the bitterness of straight black coffee.

Robobiss

Lil-Rokslider
From a cost standpoint, it’s hard to beat something like MTN Ops ignite, or a similar powder drink mix. Way cheaper than buying a $2 Celsius everyday. I usually get it on sale or when they offer a discount code and it comes to well under $1 per serving.

If you want to stick with hot coffee, have you tried Bulletproof coffee? It’s not super sweet, but it does have plenty of creaminess to it that helps dull the bitterness of straight black coffee.
Huge fan of MTN ops ignite. I’ve replaced my daily energy drink with it for over a year.

I use this pre workout powder from Costco (also available on Amazon), it’s great and gives me nearly a full day of energy/focus without the crash a burn I get with energy drinks. I still drink coffee cause I like the taste, but this stuff is a good alternative. I rarely take more than 1 scoop even though they recommend up to 2. Probably pretty similar to MTN Ops.

180ls1

WKR
Bang for the buck its hard to beat caffeine pills, creatine and electrolyte pills.

I noticed a significant energy boost when I wait 1hr to caffinate after waking. Better sleep also.

grunt1

FNG
Naked Nutrition sells a protein coffee. Good taste and mixes easy, I sometimes use it as a pre workout or when I just want a coffee substitute.

Dos XX

WKR
What kind of creamer I put in my coffee depends on what outfit I am wearing that day.

I never could drink coffee without sugar. Then I switched to tea and cut out caffeine and sugar all together for a while. After about a year of that and working full time and 2 young kids I started back on coffee but found I didn’t need sugar anymore. My point is if you cut out sugar you will get used to eventually and I use lots of milk or half and half to make up for it. Still can’t do black coffee. Energy drinks are poison.