CO Hunter Orange Question

So I've been watching a lot of CO rifle hunts on YouTube lately. I know the regs call for a certain number of Sq Inches of blaze orange. Most everyone I see has a pack covering the orange on the back, straps, bino harnesses etc covering most of the front essentially reducing the visibility of most of the blaze orange on the body. Is this legal? Or is it an invitation for a citation from CPW?

Page 12 of the CPW regs:
Hunters must wear at least 500 square inches of solid fluorescent orange or pink material and a fluorescent orange or pink hat, visible from all angles while hunting deer, elk, pronghorn, moose or bear with any firearm license. (See page 15 for more details)

Page 15:

image.jpg

If you're wearing the legal minimum amount of blaze orange on your exterior, head/body, you're good to go. During some rifle seasons, I'll attach some additional blaze orange on the back of my pack as well (not legally necessary).

OP
trophyhill
If you're wearing the legal minimum amount of blaze orange on your exterior, head/body, you're good to go. During some rifle seasons, I'll attach some additional blaze orange on the back of my pack as well (not legally necessary).
That sounds like the smart thing to do for visibility for sure. It seems to me that "on your exterior" means on the outside of your pack if you're wearing one. Muzzy hunters I saw during archery this year had blaze orange on their packs. That's why I was inquiring because the rule is a little confusing as I've seen hunters wearing it both ways

Technically it has to be as an outer garment, meaning vest or jacket etc. I’ve seen game wardens though write ti let’s to guys for it not being visible, they suggest an orange marker on the pack, I think the main concern is the hat being visible 360°. The guys I seen get tickets for their orange was for breaking another rule then being dicks so the warden basically just stacked the violations on them. Honestly I don’t care about the rule I wear the required amount, sometimes have an extra vest wrapped around my pack sometimes I don’t. Just make sure ur not wearing camo orange.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk