CO High Country Mule Deer Hunting Pant Question

I'm heading out for my first western hunt the first week of september for high country mule deer. Trying to get my gear list all buttoned up here soon.

I've got a pair of First Lite Obsidian Merino's that i know are super light and breathable, just not very durable.

I've also got a pair of First Lite Corrugate Foundry's that are heavier, but much more durable.

From your guy's experiences, do you think the Corrugate Foundry's are too heavy to be backpacking in? Hoping i dont need to spend money on another pair of pants, just looking for some guidance.

Thanks for your help.

Cheap Wrangler ATGs work best for me - you can get them in a gray or green color. Very breathable and light.
I usually just run First Lite tops with the wrangler pants. I do have a couple pairs of First Lite pants I run as well but not for hot & long hikes.

Seth

WKR
^^^ same here. I use the wranglers most of archery, and even rifle. Layer with merino base, if needed.

OP
J
I have a pair of Obsidians that only get worn for two hunts every year, and high country mule deer is one of them. There's not much to tear pants up above tree line and they're quiet for archery/MZ hunts.

Do you think I should bring both pairs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Isaac_SBO

FNG
Have spent many a day in my foundry’s and wouldn’t trade the durability for anything. Weight doesn’t seem to be a issue with them for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dtrkyman

WKR
I wear Prana Zion daily and on most of my hunts, like they were tailored for me and way more durable than I thought they would ever be!

Beagle001

FNG
One more for the Wrangler Outdoor pants. Used them in Colorado last year for Early Rifle and they were fantastic. Run merino underneath if it happens to be cool, but otherwise they’re outstanding.

Obsidians are really, really quiet and I would love them if they fit a little better. I tried the "foundry" version and they had just enough of the "reinforcement" material to swish when I walked.

I'm a huge, huge fan of the Prana zions.

Also, South Cox stalks muleys in his underwear to minimize noise. I might try that next year when I can draw my unit again.

Deucebump

WKR
Plus another for the Wrangler outdoors pants. Ive been wearing the same pair since I think 2018 and have a ton of hunts on them. Super durable, and comfortable. For $22 at wallyworld I have no idea how you can go wrong with them.

D

Deleted member 8-15-23

We all wear the costco lite solid color pants. $19