CO early archery season

sivart

WKR
I know that an Aug 15th start date was proposed. Does anyone know if this passed or when it will be decided?

Hnthrdr

WKR
Yep. Would love a two week mountain prep every year before elk season starts. An Aug 15th deer start would be perfect. Then I could actually start up some deer hunting again without affecting elk season.
I thought the same thing, but it was only going to be for a few select units, not state wide, which means those tags would have been 5+ preference points over night…

OP
S

sivart

WKR
I have 10 points. If anyone has an area that they would recommend please pm me. And yes, by Sept 10th, I’m elk hunting no matter what

OP
S

sivart

WKR
I’m NR. I’ve looked at all the stats. I have it narrowed down to 3 units. With work schedule I have no time to scout. Makes it hard to pin one down

Hnthrdr

WKR
I’m NR. I’ve looked at all the stats. I have it narrowed down to 3 units. With work schedule I have no time to scout. Makes it hard to pin one down
This is why you should hunt 4th rifle ( you can still use a bow) scouting is largely irrelevant. If you must go in Sept. just know your best bet is the first 10 days. Also know depending on how busy the alpine is bucks can get bumped from either other hunters or backpackers. But I would write those 3 numbers on a hat and go.

OP
S

sivart

WKR
I never thought of archey hunting the late season. I’ll look into it. Thanks

Hnthrdr

WKR
I never thought of archey hunting the late season. I’ll look into it. Thanks
Totally legal to go more primitive during rifle, you still have to wear orange though. Biggest thing is you need 0 time to scout really, just find does and the bucks will be showing, next year 4th will be the only true “rut” hunt which is nice, but could be a big handicap if dealing with crunchy snow. I know others who have done it though