Average archery shot on early season mulies

ckleeves

WKR
All these extreme close shots bring up a question for me. Why? Why get so close? Is it situational and you’re creeping over a rock to shoot straight down on them? Do you just keep getting closer until you can’t anymore? I can understand the reasoning for one… I understand if that’s the only available shot but don’t really get it if you’re just trying to get that close for the hell of it.
I have had a couple where I knew the clock was ticking on the wind changing and it was either throw a rock and hope they stood good or force it to a position I could shoot bedded real close. Rock toss is a dangerous game that you only win about 20% of the time so I’ll usually opt for the point blank stalk/shot if It looks doable.

Taudisio

WKR
All these extreme close shots bring up a question for me. Why? Why get so close? Is it situational and you’re creeping over a rock to shoot straight down on them? Do you just keep getting closer until you can’t anymore? I can understand the reasoning for one… I understand if that’s the only available shot but don’t really get it if you’re just trying to get that close for the hell of it.
I’ve had them turn and walk right at me, duck behind a tree or bush, and they keep coming. I’ve also walked right up on unknown deer, especially in high winds, spotted most of the time, but I have done so unnoticed. Last year I watched a little buck bed, I snuck up on him and pulled out my knife when I was about 5 steps away which spooked him. Could have killed him a million times over with the bow.