Cleaning/Oiling Sig Cross Barrel Inside Hand Guard

H80Hunter

WKR
I don’t see anything that directly answers this question, but does anyone with an Sig across have a good method for oiling the barrel inside the hand guard? I thought before I bought it you just undo the 4 handguard screws but, nope, it seems like there’s 6 hand guard screws and thus you can’t easily remove it without removing the scope.

I could imagine a few ways to do it, some more tedious than others.

Just curious if anyone has any suggestions. Also I usually just wipe with rem oil but not sure if there’s something longer lasting I should use in there from time to time.

FWIW I just zap a bit of remoil (aerosol) in between the slots of my AR handguards Now and then and let the excess run out.

OP
H

H80Hunter

WKR
I bought a couple little cheap paintbrushes to kind of brush it in and then stuff paper towel in there to get the excess.

When I first got it I was like, someone must make a thing you can just shove down in there but that actually seemed harder than doing it the simpler way.

Freelance

FNG
Been thinking about this, even though I don't have a Cross, yet...

How about wrapping a bore mop in a circle around the barrel, or part of a circle if it's not long enough, then twisting the threaded end 90 degrees and using a cleaning rod to slide it from the muzzle towards the receiver?

OP
H

H80Hunter

WKR
I tried that, but honestly, the easiest thing is just a couple Q-tips. You can pretty easily get it all in a couple minutes, then I wipe the hand guard off and it’s fine. When I started the thread I was picturing something like you described but it seems 1) to not exist and 2) to not be necessary.