Cleaning knives with cord-wrapped handles?

Macintosh

WKR
I have never owned one of these, but just wound up with one. All my other knives either have a smooth wood or some sort of synthetic grip that washes off blood, hair, bits of fat, etc really easily. For those of you that use a knife with a cord-wrapped handle, how do you keep the cord itself from becoming overly gnarly/rancid/etc?

I rinse mine a few times and set it on a paper towel once it stops discoloring the paper towel I consider it clean.
MKC just send it in, they rewrap the handle when they sharpen it

OP
M

Macintosh

WKR
Makes sense on a general-purpose utility knife, I just have a hard time thinking it doesnt absorb (and therefore make cleaning tough) its weight in blood, tissue, fat, and slime that quickly becomes a festering stew of bacterial smeg. We’ll use and see how it goes, just wondered if there was some “silver bullet” miracle solution I hadnt thought of. Thanks for all the replies.

Makes sense on a general-purpose utility knife, I just have a hard time thinking it doesnt absorb (and therefore make cleaning tough) its weight in blood, tissue, fat, and slime that quickly becomes a festering stew of bacterial smeg. We’ll use and see how it goes, just wondered if there was some “silver bullet” miracle solution I hadnt thought of. Thanks for all the replies.
I bought a mkc speedgoat and had the same hesitations about it... there's none to be had. Just scrub and wash in the sink. I didn't even soak mine. No stink.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk