Classifieds

ThorM465

WKR
Classified Approved
Although I use it much less frequently, I think /r/Knife_Swap has some great rules for their classifieds. It would add a lot more work for RS moderators to track these though. I thought some form of these 4 would apply well to RS Classifieds.
  1. Timestamp: Every post requires a TIMESTAMP to show the items are in your possession, which is at least one photo of all item(s) that you are posting, with something with your reddit username and the CURRENT date handwritten (not digital) and shows any visible problems with the item(s). Please try to use detailed pictures showing any wear, but also note that your description carries more weight than pictures.
  2. Payment Methods: Users under 25 flair MUST use Paypal Goods & Services for their sales. Under NO circumstances are users under 25 allowed to take non-PP G&S. Buyers do not need to be over 25 flair to PAY via other non-G&S methods, unless the buyer has less than 25 flair. However, if you do not feel comfortable paying non G&S, you may lose the sale. Users under 25 flair found to be requesting non-G&S methods will receive temporary bans as punishment. Please report any users requesting non-G&S under 25 flair.
  3. Repost Price Reductions: When you post a knife and it does not sell (or get traded) and you wish to repost it, you must reduce the price (or trade value) by 10% or $25, at the seller's discretion. If you would like to repost your knife for the same price (without reduction), you may only post it again after one week.
  4. Please DO NOT remove prices after an item is sold. Prices MUST stay on the post. Please wrap the item in ~~ characters to strike through the text instead.

1. Modern technology, facetime, makes timestamp unnecessary. If you're concerned about this as a buyer demand a facetime.
2. This forum shouldn't be dictating payment methods to free thinking adults. They certainly shouldn't be pushing more business to a business that hates us all.
3. Seems a little steep, but I like the idea.
4. I assumed that was already a rule. This is standard internet forum etiquette, don't touch the price after you sell.

EJFS

Lil-Rokslider
It's hard to understand the complaints about the post minimum and waiting period. This is so important and if anything should be more posts/time. Building trust and credibility by participating in the forums is what makes the classifieds work! It's quite amazing that we put trust in strangers to the tune of potentially $1,000's with the vast majority of transactions working out perfectly fine (anarchy in action!). It's important to be able to look up how members have interacted over time to get a sense of who you are sending money to blind!

Harvey_NW

WKR
The only rule I wish would be implemented is changing the prefix to SOLD after you sell the item, not just commenting SOLD or closing the thread.

ianpadron

WKR
The only rule I wish would be implemented is changing the prefix to SOLD after you sell the item, not just commenting SOLD or closing the thread.
I'd like to see that combined with requiring the sold price to be listed.

That's the real estate agent in me, but it helps when pricing items to sell OR more importantly, establishing a used market when you're wanting to buy.

Annoying AF when guys go back in and edit the price out with "$OLD!"...and you're trying to figure out what you should be willing to pay for an item/how long you will need to wait for a similar deal.

More rules are usually a PITA but I think that would be helpful.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
On the fence about listing what it sold for. It’s not much but it’s a little bit of editing that isn’t necessary. Definitely like the idea of leaving the price up and marking it as sold.

Not a fan of making a line through the old price. I’d rather stab myself in the eye than do that on my phone.