Classifieds

joelogic

FNG
Or maybe an exception could be made for buying only in the WTS forum. But I get it if the forum only wants active members.

18FLHP

FNG
Or maybe an exception could be made for buying only in the WTS forum. But I get it if the forum only wants active members.

Exactly! Although from past experience on FB marketplace many times the buyers are the scammers

Anyone else find it annoying when a guy makes 10 or 20 different classified ads vs. putting all his items in one or 2 posts. When they "bump" them up, it literally takes up half or almost the whole 1st page of classifieds, thus bumping everyone else's to the 2nd page and so on. Not a big deal, but something I noticed lately.
Seems annoying

fwafwow

WKR
It is a lot. Someone is selling used gear and I want to buy it. I just want to message him.
Instant access - https://rokslide.com/forums/account/upgrades

Otherwise check these out

WesM

FNG
Eh, 7 days is no big deal for me. An archery forum I'm active on requires 20 posts to even get access to the classifieds forum section (its blocked/not visible to anyone who has less then 20 posts), so 10 is pretty lenient in my opinion.

Folks were talking about clutter earlier on due to all the bumping. One thing that might help is if the classified forums were split into more subforums. Like having a separate rifle scope and a binocular/spotting scope section in the optics forum. Would be a lot less clutter to sift through if you are looking for one or the other.

nnmarcher

Lil-Rokslider
Although I use it much less frequently, I think /r/Knife_Swap has some great rules for their classifieds. It would add a lot more work for RS moderators to track these though. I thought some form of these 4 would apply well to RS Classifieds.
  1. Timestamp: Every post requires a TIMESTAMP to show the items are in your possession, which is at least one photo of all item(s) that you are posting, with something with your reddit username and the CURRENT date handwritten (not digital) and shows any visible problems with the item(s). Please try to use detailed pictures showing any wear, but also note that your description carries more weight than pictures.
  2. Payment Methods: Users under 25 flair MUST use Paypal Goods & Services for their sales. Under NO circumstances are users under 25 allowed to take non-PP G&S. Buyers do not need to be over 25 flair to PAY via other non-G&S methods, unless the buyer has less than 25 flair. However, if you do not feel comfortable paying non G&S, you may lose the sale. Users under 25 flair found to be requesting non-G&S methods will receive temporary bans as punishment. Please report any users requesting non-G&S under 25 flair.
  3. Repost Price Reductions: When you post a knife and it does not sell (or get traded) and you wish to repost it, you must reduce the price (or trade value) by 10% or $25, at the seller's discretion. If you would like to repost your knife for the same price (without reduction), you may only post it again after one week.
  4. Please DO NOT remove prices after an item is sold. Prices MUST stay on the post. Please wrap the item in ~~ characters to strike through the text instead.