Classifieds

ThorM465

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
New here, FWIW, I was surprised when I saw that y'all allow bumping sooner than 72 hours. I thought internet forum common courtesy was to generally not bump a for sell post more than once a week.

CorbLand

WKR
24 hours is pretty reasonable. Most people aren’t going to scroll through ten pages of classifieds so pushing it to the top every day makes sense.

I don’t mind multiple threads. It makes finding things a lot easier.

Sea Wolf

Lil-Rokslider
Another classifieds category seems like it could help. Kinda how there's a guns classified section, and an optics, why not have another for archery, and another for camping/backpacking, etc?
It'd make it easier for buyers looking for a somewhat specific category and it wouldn't push recent posts back so far in the general from all the bumping and multiposters.

Last edited:

Murdy

WKR
I think it would be less of an issue if people made more descriptive titles, including things like size (if clothing) and price, so you could scan through the list quickly.

ThorM465

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
After experiencing the classifieds section on both ends I'm going to reiterate what I said previously about the bumping rule. The 24hr rule creates a race to the bottom. It forces you to bump your listing daily; otherwise, it gets buried to oblivion by everybody else bumping their ad. That's the seller side. On the buyer side you end up scrolling through the same ads over and over again. At this point I firmly believe a 72hr rule would be the best way to go. It would solve a lot of the previously mentioned clutter problems as you wouldn't have to scroll through so many ads to check the classifieds.

Anyone else find it annoying when a guy makes 10 or 20 different classified ads vs. putting all his items in one or 2 posts. When they "bump" them up, it literally takes up half or almost the whole 1st page of classifieds, thus bumping everyone else's to the 2nd page and so on. Not a big deal, but something I noticed lately.
Yes I’ve seen it

Yes and no. It's a pain in the butt managing (1) super ad sometimes. I've done it both ways. Easier to mark "sold" and lock a single thread than do a ton of edits to the same one over and over. I hear you though, the entire page of 1 dude bumping ads does clog things, but I just scroll past.....
And easier to figure out if what you're wanting to buy is available vs scrolling and reading the whole list w/pics to figure out what they still have.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
I would ask sellers to manage their ads as best as possible. For transparency don’t delete photos, description or prices until buyer receives the item, instead mention that item as sold. Group like items that way it’s easy to manage but not such a cluster in the forum (one ad for bow accessories, one for clothing, etc). Maybe limit yourself to just 5 items per ad at a time. If your ad has a lot of items or similar items, number them to eliminate any confusion.

Anyone else find it annoying when a guy makes 10 or 20 different classified ads vs. putting all his items in one or 2 posts. When they "bump" them up, it literally takes up half or almost the whole 1st page of classifieds, thus bumping everyone else's to the 2nd page and so on. Not a big deal, but something I noticed lately.
Super annoying