Classifieds

HuntHarder

WKR
Classified Approved
Anyone else find it annoying when a guy makes 10 or 20 different classified ads vs. putting all his items in one or 2 posts. When they "bump" them up, it literally takes up half or almost the whole 1st page of classifieds, thus bumping everyone else's to the 2nd page and so on. Not a big deal, but something I noticed lately.

Last edited:
Its annoying both ways. Usually end up with w few. But the original ads were made at separate times then end up bumped together.

But the great big single post ads. I find it very hard to determine what they have for sale some times and know what picture goes with what line.

Typically if an add has over five items I just back rite back out.
If you think that is annoying should of been her before the 24 hr rule. Where in 15 minutes something you looked at and are trying to find again is now 17 pages back.

NRA4LIFE

WKR
I tend to agree, maybe or maybe not. How's that for rock solid. I'm on both sides of the fence. I might be interested in only one item of 15 in one post. Then I have to monitor the whole thread and read through a lot of posts of maybe useful info or not. Or follow one thread out of 15, with one item and I can focus a little better. Don't know.

Of course, if I'm a seller of said 15 items, I'm completely the opposite of the above.

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved
IMHO “super posts” suck for the buyers and sellers for the reasons stated above.

I guess I don’t understand the complaint unless you don’t like the member or are not interested in all the “for sale” posts by that member. In the latter case, how is not being interested in all of the items being sold by one member and bumped at the same time different from not being interested in the same items being sold by different members and bumped separately?

Ucsdryder

WKR
Am I the only one that’s noticed any time the OP says “great deal”, “priced to move”, “deal of the day”, it’s NEVER a deal. Like he’s a used car salesman and going to get someone to buy it because he’s proclaiming such a deal!

Am I the only one that’s noticed any time the OP says “great deal”, “priced to move”, “deal of the day”, it’s NEVER a deal. Like he’s a used car salesman and going to get someone to buy it because he’s proclaiming such a deal!
My favorite is the ''Super Rare!'' items. 99% of the time it's worn out junk priced above retail+ shipping.

Its annoying both ways. Usually end up with w few. But the original ads were made at separate times then end up bumped together.

But the great big single post ads. I find it very hard to determine what they have for sale some times and know what picture goes with what line.

Typically if an add has over five items I just back rite back out.
If you think that is annoying should of been her before the 24 hr rule. Where in 15 minutes something you looked at and are trying to find again is now 17 pages back.

I agree with you! Six one way, half a dozen the other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

team3t

WKR
Anyone else find it annoying when a guy makes 10 or 20 different classified ads vs. putting all his items in one or 2 posts. When they "bump" them up, it literally takes up half or almost the whole 1st page of classifieds, thus bumping everyone else's to the 2nd page and so on. Not a big deal, but something I noticed lately.
Yup!

Yes and no. It's a pain in the butt managing (1) super ad sometimes. I've done it both ways. Easier to mark "sold" and lock a single thread than do a ton of edits to the same one over and over. I hear you though, the entire page of 1 dude bumping ads does clog things, but I just scroll past.....

Agreed. Super ads get messy for buyers and seller.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
H

HuntHarder

WKR
Classified Approved
I’m going to look over the rules to see if anything applies to this, and see what the staff thinks.
Obviously not a big deal, but in my opinion really having a bunch of single item ads, really clutters up the classifieds. Looks like, based on this thread, guys are split on how they feel about it. I recently sold a few items on here and will contribute some of my earnings back into the website. Thanks for running, by far, the best website/ forum. I have seen it change for the better since my join date.

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved
Obviously not a big deal, but in my opinion really having a bunch of single item ads, really clutters up the classifieds. Looks like, based on this thread, guys are split on how they feel about it. I recently sold a few items on here and will contribute some of my earnings back into the website. Thanks for running, by far, the best website/ forum. I have seen it change for the better since my join date.
I’d say leave it as is. It only clutters if you pay attention to the seller being the same.