Classified Etiquette

Ucsdryder

WKR
G&S offers some protection for buyers, and a couple ways for sellers to get screwed. 1099s and the chance of a buyer claiming they never received the item.

On another note, I had a sale on here where the buyer sent me $2200 in cash. Granted, it was someone I had sold to before, but still a helluva chance on his part.
Sending cash is crazy. Why not a personal check? Especially for someone you know.

My pet peeve in classifieds is when a guy takes multiple days to ship. I’ll ship same day most of the time, and next day for sure unless I’ve communicated with buyer that it’ll take longer.

Definitely frustrating when you take the time and they don't reciprocate. Especially when you are just starting out here.
Man I've left a bunch of feedback for others and seems like the norm to not receive it back.

As for the PP G&S, lots of sellers don't want the hassle of extra paperwork when the 1099 thing started getting tossed around. I don't have a PP account anymore now because of that, and the fees, just don't want the hassle of having to keep receipts to prove I sold at a loss, etc. I like Venmo and Zelle, but need to trust the seller as there's no easy dispute resolution with those.

Ucsdryder

WKR
Man I've left a bunch of feedback for others and seems like the norm to not receive it back.

As for the PP G&S, lots of sellers don't want the hassle of extra paperwork when the 1099 thing started getting tossed around. I don't have a PP account anymore now because of that, and the fees, just don't want the hassle of having to keep receipts to prove I sold at a loss, etc. I like Venmo and Zelle, but need to trust the seller as there's no easy dispute resolution with those.
I have 31 feedbacks, I bet I’ve bought and sold 200 plus in the time I’ve been on. I wonder if they fall off over time.

I've noticed that happens less when I PM them and let them know I left feedback for them. Rarely is it not reciprocated then. But if I don't say anything it does seem to happen more.

fwafwow

WKR
I started a new bad habit and am buying on another site. That site mandates G&S. I have mixed feelings about using as a seller, but on that site there isn’t a rating/feedback system like RS.

Same pet peeve here when the seller doesn’t act quickly. Taking a couple days to ship or whatever is fine if communicated, but otherwise isn’t cool. I try to pack and ship asap (same day), and send pictures of the packing, and tracking info! ASAP - like before I leave the parking lot.

But I’m anal retentive and have some problems.

Last edited:

mi650

WKR
Sending cash is crazy. Why not a personal check? Especially for someone you know.

My pet peeve in classifieds is when a guy takes multiple days to ship. I’ll ship same day most of the time, and next day for sure unless I’ve communicated with buyer that it’ll take longer.
I wouldn't say we know each other. A check would've been fine, he didn't want to wait for it to clear, and had an aversion to PP as I recall. Anyway, it was his idea. He sent me 22 pictures of Ben Franklin, and I shipped the next day.