Classified Ads

Sapper

Lil-Rokslider
Don't know if this has been brought up before, but was wondering what other thought about having the classifieds categorized. Like sections broken down into ex: footwear, packs, sleep systems, etc. It seems that a lot of people buy/sell/trade on here and there are a lot of pages to look through if your looking for something specific. Just sayin'!! Either way, this forum is great so keep on keepin' on!

Your supposed to delete your thread after the item sells to keep it small and organized....... but few seem to do so.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
We will see it works! Ive gotten lots of PMs about breaking it up. If people would just delete there old sold ads it wouldn't be an issue but they don't. So then it becomes a pain in my ass!!

muleman

WKR
We will see it works! Ive gotten lots of PMs about breaking it up. If people would just delete there old sold ads it wouldn't be an issue but they don't. So then it becomes a pain in my ass!!

I can deal with whatever way you have it. But if people still don't delete their threads then we will have ten classified categories full of sold crap instead of just one.

bbrown

WKR
Ryan - is there any way to set it up so the ads are automatically deleted after a set time like 30 days or something kinda like craigslist.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
I can deal with whatever way you have it. But if people still don't delete their threads then we will have ten classified categories full of sold crap instead of just one.

I understand what you are saying! I did this for a couple a reason. Lots of people ask for it. We had over 50+ pages in the classifieds. The turn over will be slower=more sales. Luke and I will keep each forums under 5 pages. But this is a democracy here at RS. Throw up a poll letter run for a month. If the people don't like it will changer back:)

Last edited:

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
I understand what you are saying! I did this for a couple a reason. Lots of people ask for it. We had over 50+ pages in the classifieds. The turn over will be slower=more sales. Luke and I will keep each forums under 5 pages. But this is a democracy here at RS. Throw up a poll letter run for a month. If the people don't like it will changer back:)

And we all know how well a democracy works.:rolleyes: Ryan, for what it's it worth----I like the changes. I don't have to go through everything---just the stuff I'm interested in. I like it--good job.

Randy

muleman

WKR

Thread started poll to be added on August 27th so we can't vote before giving the new classifieds a fair shake.

http://www.rokslide.com/forums/showthread.php?20569-Classifieds-Old-or-New

Shrek

WKR
Ryan - is there any way to set it up so the ads are automatically deleted after a set time like 30 days or something kinda like craigslist.

Please don't. I like to look back through and see how things are trending. It's a pretty interesting historical record imo. Want to know how much to ask for or offer ? Search the classified ads for similar items and what the sold for. It has helped me in the past to do this kind of homework.

JDZ

WKR
What's with lumping everything back into one classified forum? I really got used to having them categorized and liked it. Was there another conversation on this that I missed?

What's with lumping everything back into one classified forum? I really got used to having them categorized and liked it. Was there another conversation on this that I missed?

I agree. It was so much faster and easier to peruse the items I am seeking with the categories. This is a step backward that requires much more time. Not an improvement.

I agree. It was so much faster and easier to peruse the items I am seeking with the categories. This is a step backward that requires much more time. Not an improvement.
I would have to disagree. I found that this method allows me to browse ecerything, and often find things I may have forgotten I needed or maybe wanted.