Classic/Antique Car Insurance?

Glendon Mullins

Hillbilly Moderator
Staff member
Any suggestions or opinions for classic/antique car insurance?

for those wondering.....1980 chevy c/10 square body only 52,418 miles, was my grandpa's truck, then my dad had it and started fixing it up, pulled the 305 out, dropped in a 327, all the frame and undercarriage sanded painted etc. He was going to give it to my son, eventually. Now it's in my hands to finish the job since my dad passed. Paint and a a few odds and ends and it will be done/restored etc.

thanks for any suggestions in advance

BKM

FNG
one of my family members works for Hagerty, they are a great company that treats there customers and employees very well. Great prices and unlike many companies they actually like that you want to use your car not just park it.

Titan

WKR
I use NCM. Haven't had a rate increase in the last 15 years. Only paying $250 per year or so with a 3k mileage limit that rolls over. They were the only ones willing to cover while I was under 24 years old.

WKR
This thread is useless without pics. You know, just to publicly document the condition of your car and help with its value in the case of a loss.

I have been using Hagerty, as well. No issues but I haven't had to submit a claim.

180ls1

WKR
I would try working with a broker, it wont cost you anything. Insurance shopping and understanding the details is very time consuming and a quality broker could shop a dozen or more companies.

I would try your current insurer, if they balk at it ask about a "stated value policy." Its essentially where you get to tell them whatever price its worth to you and they come up with a rate based on that.

Good luck!

Sand Wrench

Lil-Rokslider
c80cad25de513b8c026992bb1810480c.jpg

I’m insuring my 1972 K10 with State Farm for about $65/month, $1000 deductible. Kelly Bluebook doesn’t go back that far, but NADA has very reasonable values. Keep all of your receipts and document all your work and upgrades. Post pictures!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk