Chronograph for rent?

IDVortex

WKR
Well, curious if you can rent them? Thanks this forum, I'm now going down the road to make my 6.5 my be all rifle for the hunting I do which means I need to be a bit more serious on ammo choices, aka reloading to find the proper loads and to try differnet bullets. But with that being said, I also need to figure out my velocities. Just can't justify to myself or my wife (plus buying a can and a new pack has limited me on my fun money) of purchasing a chrono. Suggestions?

Ps, I did search but didn't find anything.

rayporter

WKR
chronos will get even cheaper by this fall. many will be under a hundred dollars soon. a first gen LR may be under 200

the wheels are in motion.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I just sold a lab radar for 250.

Everyone riding the Garmin wave I bet you can find a LR or magnetospeed for next to nothing.
I had a sporter speed listed (sold now) for $75 shipped. If you need to clock some velocities it did just fine. Only reason I changed is I wanted the Garmin so I could clock all shots and not change POI, save myself time/trips on load dev because I have to drive a ways to be able to shoot.

Lawnboi

WKR
I had a sporter speed listed (sold now) for $75 shipped. If you need to clock some velocities it did just fine. Only reason I changed is I wanted the Garmin so I could clock all shots and not change POI, save myself time/trips on load dev because I have to drive a ways to be able to shoot.
The Garmin for a serious shooter is a game changer.

Good thing for the avid shooter as well, yesterdays tech for next to nothing.

I mean the Garmin made my LR from unobtainable months ago, to worth 200 bucks.

Joining everyone else with the chorus of affordable options available now. If you don't want to spend $100 on a magnetospeed sporter or $300 on a labradar, buy one, use it, and sell it would probably be about the same $ as what one would charge for rental.

Or just try to coordinate with a rokslider near you (i'm sure there are a bunch) on being at a range the same time and borrowing a chrono for 30 minutes.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
The Garmin for a serious shooter is a game changer.

Good thing for the avid shooter as well, yesterdays tech for next to nothing.

I mean the Garmin made my LR from unobtainable months ago, to worth 200 bucks.
I wouldn't even call myself a serious shooter (compared to some here), but its 3hrs round trip to shoot burning time and gas money doesn't take long to start offsetting the efficiency of load dev where you can clock velocity on every shot taken without any POI shift. :) Plus I got a generous Christmas gift card. :p

OP
IDVortex

IDVortex

WKR
Or just try to coordinate with a rokslider near you (i'm sure there are a bunch) on being at a range the same time and borrowing a chrono for 30 miminutes.
I've thought of that, but where I go shoot isn't open to the public, and positive my boss wouldn't approve lol.

Guess I'll just look at getting a used one, and later on upgrade to say a Garmin.

Axlrod

WKR
I've thought of that, but where I go shoot isn't open to the public, and positive my boss wouldn't approve lol.

Guess I'll just look at getting a used one, and later on upgrade to say a Garmin.
I have a shooting chrony that worked the last time I used it. Put it on the shelf 5 years ago when I bought a LabRadar. $20 to cover shipping and it's yours.

Unckebob

WKR
Well, curious if you can rent them? Thanks this forum, I'm now going down the road to make my 6.5 my be all rifle for the hunting I do which means I need to be a bit more serious on ammo choices, aka reloading to find the proper loads and to try differnet bullets. But with that being said, I also need to figure out my velocities. Just can't justify to myself or my wife (plus buying a can and a new pack has limited me on my fun money) of purchasing a chrono. Suggestions?

Ps, I did search but didn't find anything.

You ought to be able to get a Magnetospeed Sporter for about $100.