Christmas gift for the wife

tuffcity

WKR
ugg boots is always a win
olukai is the new Ugg... just sayin' :)

One of the Xmas gifts that my wife was thrilled about was a Sako finnlight topped with a swaro. A really good pair of bino's is also on the list. Aren't all wives like this?

Last edited:
My wife has been talking about fermenting things, kombucha, sourdough. I am not entirely sure if this device you speak of is what she would want or need, but now I have something to research!
youwouldn't need the weights. the getup I'm getting is for brining meat, saurkraut, pickling.etc. for kombucha you'll want like a 1 gallon glass pitcher/cookie jar. you can cover with a simple towel.. sour dough can be done with any existing mixing bowls

manitou1

WKR
Yeah, I have learned with MY wife that most of the time "practical" is a poor choice. Over the past 28 years I learned that cooking products, vacuums and cleaning products are a definite "no-go".
I have given her guns and they weren't much appreciated either.
Then again, aren't we supposed to be phsycic? 🥴😁

OP
B
Yeah, I have learned with MY wife that most of the time "practical" is a poor choice. Over the past 28 years I learned that cooking products, vacuums and cleaning products are a definite "no-go".
I have given her guns and they weren't much appreciated either.
Then again, aren't we supposed to be phsycic? 🥴😁
I hear ya!! Household items are a definite no-go. I've done Jewelry for many years, it's getting old (For me). I prefer to give practical as well, but those always seem to get returned. I think I've decided to get her one of those Cricut crafting machines. She has mentioned them a few time, it will likely end up dusty in the corner soon!!

hunterjmj

WKR
I always take my wife on a weekend getaway somewhere here in Montana. That is what she always asks for and it's fun for all.

manitou1

WKR
I always take my wife on a weekend getaway somewhere here in Montana. That is what she always asks for and it's fun for all.
Yeah, I hear ya. Memories are way better than "stuff".
I doubt anybody on their death bed has sighed: "If only I could have one more bracelet". I bet a lot have thought: "If only I could have one more day with her/him".

KenLee

WKR
olukai is the new Ugg... just sayin' :)

One of the Xmas gifts that my wife was thrilled about was a Sako finnlight topped with a swaro. A really good pair of bino's is also on the list. Aren't all wives like this?
My late wife liked such gifts back 30 years ago when she actually liked to spend time with me. Last 15 years, they'd get forgotten in the safe. It's all good now cause the current girlfriend enjoys them.

GSPHUNTER

WKR
Back before the beginning of time, and online shopping, I would go into clothing store and pick out a gift for my wife, when the clerk asked me what size and color, I told her it didn't matter, because my wife would just return it and pick out something different. it's the thought that matters, so I have been told.