Christmas gift for the wife

Hit me with your best ideas. What are you getting your wife this year? What have you gotten her in the past that she loved?

I have a few small things purchased but looking for Ideas on something a bit bigger. I am considering a lap top but that seems so boring.

Thanks

Last year I bought my wife a Coach purse. She has made comments all year about how much she really likes it, and appreciates the quality compared to cheap purses she has had in the past.

I think a laptop would be boring but really depends on the person. If she isn't really a computer person, she may really not like it that much.

OP
B
How long have you been married? I am at 22 years and can tell you I don’t get her anything that she doesn’t ask for. I used to always try, but failed over and over again lol. Some guys are good at it, but not me. Ask her.
13 years, I’m a terrible gift giver. Hence the reason for looking for unique Ideas.

OP
B
Last year I bought my wife a Coach purse. She has made comments all year about how much she really likes it, and appreciates the quality compared to cheap purses she has had in the past.

I think a laptop would be boring but really depends on the person. If she isn't really a computer person, she may really not like it that much.
Thanks, I feel like she would want to pick out a purse herself.

Digital picture frame was a huge win, mostly because it's about her and her people. She is still giving positive comments and thankyou's for that one. Currently have a couple hundred pictures of her kids, parents, siblings, and nieces and nephews (notice who's not listed?). Frame lives in the dining room and has wireless access to a throwaway google pictures account.

Electronics (ear buds, headphones, new phone, ect) were big flops.

guylaga

Lil-Rokslider
We got one of these for my wfies' parents last year https://www.skylightframe.com/ , turns out she loves it so much she asked for one this year.

Basically a picture frame that connects to your wifi and anyone with the app and your information can send you pictures directly to the frame.

The whole extended family takes loads of pictures on their phones, but they are quickly forgotten about unless she prints them.

manitou1

WKR
My wife didn't use the digital frame I got her some years ago. I suppose they are all different.

My wife has always liked massage machines (keep your minds out of the gutter!) and I have given her several. Last year was a machine whereas you sit and put your lower legs in it and it massages the feet, ankles and calves.

She always appreciates jewelry.

This year she just bought a new SUV, so I got her some running boards and exterior "dress-up" options... which she is super excited over, really!

Hoodies... the wife loves hoodies for knocking around in. I bet she has 15.

I usually get her a massage gift card.
"Wimmens" love to get massages, especially when going with mom, sister, or daughter.

Big, shearling insulated socks or slippers are always a winner for stocking stuffers.
Perfume too.

A mini vacation weekend in a romantic cabin/lodge with absolutely no plans except to chill at the fire, read, eat, watch movies and "relax".

hobbes

WKR
A mini vacation weekend in a romantic cabin/lodge with absolutely no plans except to chill at the fire, read, eat, watch movies and "relax".

Something similar to the above is always at the top of the list for my wife, especially at the end of hunting season.

She's not into jewelry very much and is typically more practical. I typically try to get her at least one thing that's unexpected instead of every practical and useful things that she mentions.

Best Advice I have for gifts for my wife, and honestly gifts for all people is to figure out something they use a lot and then get them the best version of that.

Examples:
My wife used a picnic blanket a ton in college- got her the fancy waterproof LL bean one, she loves it.

She cooks/bakes alot, got her a really nice mixer, she loves it.

She had a cheap set of knives, got her a nice set. (Warning: a cooking gift can apparently be controversial depending on wife’s personality, but she loves them now)

That way you:
1) don’t have to figure out something new to give 2) you know they will actually use it 3) get them something nice they won’t get themselves

Last edited:

Vaultman

WKR
Best Advice I have for gifts for my wife, and honestly gifts for all people is to figure out something they use a lot and then get them the best version of that.

Examples:
My wife used a picnic blanket a ton in college- got her the fancy waterproof LL bean one, she loves it.

She cooks/bakes alot, got her a really nice mixer, she loves it.

She had a cheap set of knives, got her a nice set. (Warning: a cooking gift can apparently be controversial depending on wife’s personality, but she loves them now)

That way you:
1) don’t have to figure out something new to give 2) you know they will actually use it 3) get them something nice they won’t get themselves

I tried this quite a few times. Since then, I've been told less practical... more sparkle.

Rich M

WKR
Got wife of 24+ yrs an Apple computer.
We tend to over discuss large purchases - had to push this one on her.

I agree with the only buy her what she wants comment.

fermentation crock with weights and lid... Probably something your wife will never ask for
My wife has been talking about fermenting things, kombucha, sourdough. I am not entirely sure if this device you speak of is what she would want or need, but now I have something to research!

I think I'm gonna get my wife a bee hive. We have been talking about maybe doing them for two years and might as well jump in.

We do a lot of little side projects/hustles and bees will be our next.