Christensen ridgeline upgrades?

I have a Christensen ridgeline 6.5prc and I was just curious what anyone has done as an upgrade to their rifle?

Bugger

FNG
I’m sure someone will say to upgrade it with gasoline and a match, but I’ve been really happy with mine. The original stock is light and rigid but that VG2 would definitely make it more comfortable to shoot.

waspocrew

WKR
I have a Christensen ridgeline 6.5prc and I was just curious what anyone has done as an upgrade to their rifle?

How does it shoot at the moment? If it’s to your standards, I would leave it alone. Otherwise, trigger and/or stock swap.

Luked

WKR
Biggest thing I didn't care for on the Christensen's was the small bolt handle.
But that's just me

The FFT replacement knob is a good improvement if your Ridgeline is just the standard Ridgeline.

You might also consider a stock replacement, depending on what you are looking to do with the rifle. I actually like the OEM Christensen stocks (have had several), but I did recently get a Manners EH-1 for a 7mm-08 Ridgeline and am happy with it.

does your rifle reliably function with factory ammo? that seems to be the most common thing CA's in PRC struggle with...

IdahoBeav

WKR
Mine is currently getting pillar bedded for a Manners EH1.

I also did the following:

lighter bolt spring
Oregon Mountain Rifle carbon bolt knob
Modular Evo bipod

2Stamp

Lil-Rokslider
I replaced the stock on my Ridgeline FFT 280ai with a Peak44 Bastion. For me, the factory stock was uncomfortable (trigger reach) especially prone. And it was slick (I initially solved by using grip tape). Loved the weight though. Overall, I gained around 3.5ounces.

Last edited:
I replaced the stock with a McMillan Game Warden LR and added the Hawkins M5 bottom metal at the same time. I replaced the radial brake with an SRS titanium 5 port, and replaced the bolt knob with the larger Christensen one. The rifle has always shot great, but I've slowly been upgrading it. I don't plan on anymore upgrades.

I purchased a Ridgeline 6.5 PRC used a couple of years ago. The original owner had replaced the trigger with a Timney Calvin Elite. It breaks perfectly at 1.5 lbs. A little light for a hunting rifle but I like it. He also gave me the original Trigger Tech that was in it. It groups the Hornady 143’s under an inch at 100 and has taken four Coyotes and four Whitetails. I wouldn’t change anything about it.

If the barreled action functions well, the stock is the primary thing i'd consider. If you'd prefer a different bottom metal setup that would be a good time to change that as well.