Christensen Ridgeline / Maven RS 1.2 Combo Ejection Issues

AirborneEScouter

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
Thought I had an ejection issue with my ridgeline FFT and after confirming brass ejects just fine sans optic, discovered my spent brass is coming into contact with my windage knob. When I took the time to look at slow motion video, it’s clear the 1:30ish ejection pattern is causing me a problem. These are Hawkins LR Hybrids “Low” rings by the way. I doubt higher rings would solve the problem considering where the brass is hitting and I’d hate to raise the objective height anyway. I had a similar issue when this rifle was wearing a NF NX8 using a picatinny rail and low rings. Am I SOL? Just curious if anyone with this setup has found a workaround. The rifle is definitely accurate, but is effectively a single shot platform at this point.

Let me know if anyone has had any luck otherwise. Thanks!

Slow-Mo 1

Slow-Mo 2

Attachments

• IMG_0241.jpeg
    IMG_0241.jpeg
    133.7 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0242.png
    IMG_0242.png
    890.1 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0240.jpeg
    IMG_0240.jpeg
    217.6 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Thought I had an ejection issue with my ridgeline FFT and after confirming brass ejects just fine sans optic, discovered my spent brass is coming into contact with my elevation knob.

Wow, impressive!

Kidding aside, mine knocks brass back in my tikka sometimes with UM high rings. It doesn’t with the windage cap off. I’ll probably grind the knurling off the bottom eventually and I bet that will help a bunch.

OP
A

AirborneEScouter

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
Wow, impressive!

Kidding aside, mine knocks brass back in my tikka sometimes with UM high rings. It doesn’t with the windage cap off. I’ll probably grind the knurling off the bottom eventually and I bet that will help a bunch.
Haha you got me there. It’s late!

OP
A

AirborneEScouter

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
Still contacts with the cap off. I have a maven on a tikka (6.5 prc) as well, and with medium UM rings and have no problems. Just seems like a high ejection pattern on the ridgeline

I had a similar problem with a Tract Toric UHD on my Tikka 338 Sherman Mega with UM low rings. I ended up having to switch it out for a Maven. The Tract went on my Remage 260 Rem and it works great on that platform. I hate to say it, but with that ejection angle, I think you are going to be limited to something with a much smaller windage cap and higher rings. I am glad you got one of the Christensens that actually shoot, but that issue would have me sending it down the road, or sending the bolt off to LRI for a Sako or M-16 extractor modification.