Christensen Mesa fft 7prc

I’m preparing to purchase a seekins element in 7 prc, just waiting for it to become available. In the meantime I’ve found a local dealer with a Christensen mesa fft in stock. I’m very nervous to pull the trigger on the Christensen due to all the horror stories I’ve read about… does anybody have much positive to say about the mess fft ? Should I just wait for seekins? The other issue is I’m an oregon resident and we have a lovely new gun law coming into affect in December essentially prevent us from buying Guns so not sure I can really wait for the seekins.

Supposedly the law goes into effect on the 8th, and after that there will be no firearm sales. Unless you have a CHL, your background check will most likely not be processed in time. Buy what you can now and hope it clears in time, or wait for nobody knows how long to get the permit. We can all hope it gets expunged but I won’t be holding my breath.

OP
Christenson9
Supposedly the law goes into effect on the 8th, and after that there will be no firearm sales. Unless you have a CHL, your background check will most likely not be processed in time. Buy what you can now and hope it clears in time, or wait for nobody knows how long to get the permit. We can all hope it gets expunged but I won’t be holding my breath.
I do have my chl, i have not heard that after December 8th I can still buy a gun with my chl?

hflier

WKR
Classified Approved
I have own several Christensens. All were shooters.

There are a lot of variables to accuracy, probably only 10% or less of folks really understand what is required to get an accurate group, so choose your internet stories wisely.

Ron

OP
Christenson9
I have own several Christensens. All were shooters.

There are a lot of variables to accuracy, probably only 10% or less of folks really understand what is required to get an accurate group, so choose your internet stories wisely.

Ron
Absolutely, hard to filter.

I posted the same thing in the thread below, but most of the negative reviews are really old and took place before they brought their barrel manufacturing in house. I have owned several seekins and several christensens and I still have my christensens. My most recent purchase was an FFT in 280AI. Love that gun.

I do have my chl, i have not heard that after December 8th I can still buy a gun with my chl?
Your CHL will only help your background check wait time. Might be instant approval, might have to wait. Last I heard the que was 24,000 and they process around 800 a day.

I’ve got a Mesa fft. It’s a shooter for sure. Mines in 7mm mag. Thinking of selling it and getting the same rifle in 7prc. My CA and my Bergara are the best shooting rifles I’ve got.

MT_Wyatt

WKR
Non problems at all with CA, accuracy etc. I had a friend with a mesa that got rebarreled, and believe the turn around time was around 2 weeks.

In fact yesterday I contacted their customer service and had a response right away, and they went above and beyond expectations. Top notch treatment in my book.

atmat

WKR
Does anyone know what the max length for the mags are in these CA’s? Can they accommodate handloads with the 195 Bergers?

The Element is 3.9”, which is huge. Tikka is only 3.34”, so will never fit anything larger than the 180 ELD-M.

NickT406

FNG
I just bought a mesa fft in 7prc and it shoots lights out. I was skeptical because I bought a mesa chambered in 6.5 prc 3 years ago and it was all over the place but my dealer told me they fired the quality control manager that was running them into the ground and stepped up there qc and customer service. Basically he told me everything built this year is going to be good.

I heard a somewhat similar story from a local shop. Supposedly the owner has a house not too far from me and our main CA dealer met with him and said they had been seeing issues. He acknowledged it and supposedly during COVID their QC had issues and they are trying to right the ship now.

My Ridgeline from this year has been lights out. Shot 860 yards few weeks back and was great!

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

I just bought a mesa fft in 7prc and it shoots lights out. I was skeptical because I bought a mesa chambered in 6.5 prc 3 years ago and it was all over the place but my dealer told me they fired the quality control manager that was running them into the ground and stepped up there qc and customer service. Basically he told me everything built this year is going to be good.
Makes me wonder if all the heavily discounted CAs out there are from 3 years ago 🤔