Seekins Element In 6.5 or PH2 In 7prc

OP
Benjblt

Benjblt

WKR
It's not the creedmoor that doesn't do it. It's the guy behind the gun. But I think most people are realizing that.

I definitely agree that the 7PRC is the best all-around long range cartridge available today though. I personally just don't think it adds any utility to the 6.5. It's just more for the sake of more IMHO.

Coincidentally, I went through this exact same thought process recently. 7PRC vs 6.5PRC in an Element. I came to the conclusion that for ME, the additional weight and recoil added nothing. I'm not looking for 1k shots on game though. I admire people that can reliably and ethically do that however.
Did you say that you went with the Element in the Creedmoor or the 6.5 PRC?

Marshfly

WKR
Did you say that you went with the Element in the Creedmoor or the 6.5 PRC?
I didn't go with anything yet. Kind of blew the hunting budget for this year. Kid drew an antelope tag so sprung for a lefty Tikka in 6.5CM among a bunch of other optics purchases.

I'll be going for the 6.5PRC though.

907to406

Lil-Rokslider
Well mine finished out at 8.44lbs. I was shooting for 7.5-8lbs. This is with the seekins pic rail on the fore end of the stock, the seekins muzzle brake and nightforce 6 screw rings and bubble top cap so definitely some places to lose a little weight. I’ll run it as is for now and see how she shoots this weekend.

Well mine finished out at 8.44lbs. I was shooting for 7.5-8lbs. This is with the seekins pic rail on the fore end of the stock, the seekins muzzle brake and nightforce 6 screw rings and bubble top cap so definitely some places to lose a little weight. I’ll run it as is for now and see how she shoots this weekend.
I’m shooting for 7.25lbs

OP
Benjblt

Benjblt

WKR
Did the bare rifle come in at 6lbs? How much does your scope weigh?

907to406

Lil-Rokslider
Did the bare rifle come in at 6lbs? How much does your scope weigh?

Bare rifle was right at 6lbs. Didn’t pay too much attention to the weight as I was choosing components. I have some ultra light hunting rifles and wanted something I could shoot well at distance and still pack around the mountains. Scope is a 2.5-20x50 NX8, not sure on its weight off hand but they certainly aren’t the lightest. Initially ordered a 3-18 mark5 which is a little lighter but it had issues so returned it for a tried and true nightforce which isn’t the lightest but bomb proof and reliability take precedence on this rig. I went with NF light extreme 6 screw rings and the NF bubble level top ring cap. Could easily cut some weight with different rings. Might swap out the Seekins muzzle brake for a SRS Ti brake down the road. While at the range shooting off the bench I’ll get a feel for the recoil and how it feels. If I think I can get away with scrubbing some weight without sacrificing accuracy and shoot ability I’ll do so but overall at 8.4lbs I’m not mad about it. This gun will be strapped to my backpack more than in hand so I’m not stressing about missing my “target weight” of 7.5-8lbs. I would think 7.25lbs would be pretty easily weight to achieve depending on your optic, rings and brake if you’re going to run one.

Side note if you go with the same scope set up as I did you will need medium rings, lows won’t clear.

Last edited:
I would think 7.25lbs would be pretty easily weight to achieve depending on your optic, rings and brake if you’re going to run one.

Side note if you go with the same scope set up as I did you will need medium rings, lows won’t clear.
My scope (Z5 3.5-18x44) with Warne Mtn Tech low rings (hopefully they clear with the 44mm obj) measures 20oz and im planning to add a Ti pro 4 port brake which is 1.7oz. If my rifle comes in at exactly 6lbs that should put me at 7.35lbs which Im pretty happy with.

Last edited:
My scope (Z5 3.5-18x44) with Warne Mtn Tech low rings (hopefully they clear with the 44mm obj) measures 20oz and im planning to add a Ti pro 4 port brake which is 1.7oz. If my rifle comes in at exactly 6lbs that should put me at 7.35lbs which Im pretty happy with.

I'd say your pretty close on the weight. My element in 6.5cm wears seekins rings, swfa 3-9, srs mini arca rail and is 7#3oz with a mdt 3rnd mag in it.