Christensen Arms Ridgeline

Jhy

FNG
Since this popped up I would be wrong not to update my pissed off post. I sent mine in, month ish turn around. They re barreled and I’m now .5” with factory loads. I did also adjust the trigger down as they turned it up before sending back to me for whatever reason. I added a polished knob handle as the that little thing they put in there is awkward at best. Not sure why they don’t put something functional on from jump street, but a $35 fix. I must say, it’s now my favorite piece. Dream to shoot as it likes 130 grain TTSX.

I sent both mine back and both got rebarreled. .30 nosler came back shooting 1”. My .300 came back shooting 1.5-2“. I went back and asked them if it should shoot better. They told me I had to shoot x load for it to shoot 1” moa. I also kept bottoming my windage out on the .300. I was told to buy $400.00 worth of Christian rings and bases. Still had the issue. Was told it was my swaro scope. Took the scope and put it on my styer .300. Shot .5” groups and measured my tap to find it off
traded both my ridgelines In for $1000.00,each and said piss on Christian arms.

I have friends who have them and there tac drivers. Even with me shooting them.

RGARNER

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the info!

Have you had a chance to shoot the 180gr Norma Bondstrike?

Does it consistently open up on 6-7?
I have not but am going to order some, it seems like the most readily available 300 wsm ammo out there right now. After 4 or 5 shots it tends to open up to about 1.5 moa...not saying that some of that isn't me pulling a few either. I don't shoot from a lead sled, I shoot from a pack rest with a rear bag just like I would while hunting.

kickemall

WKR
Update on my post, #60 in this thread. Got my rifle back in less than two weeks. CA said chamber was at SAAMI specs, polished chamber, cleaned and bedded then test fired and functioned properly. When I got it I test fired it with Hornady Match, same lot that had been locking up the bolt and it worked as it should although a little stiff which CA said will get better with more shooting. They sent two Hornady cases back with it (the test fires) and they showed a little pressure, flattened primers but as long as the bolt is reasonable to open I'm good. No idea why they bedded it as accuracy wasn't an issue so it must have been a QC thing. Very impressed with how fast it was checked and returned.

I've got 4 Ridgelines in 6.5 PRC, 6.5 Creedmoor, 6.5x284 Norma, and 280 AI and never had any of the problems I've heard others have, just considering myself lucky I suppose and have never had to call their customer service. Curious too about the tactical bolt knob, anyone have a vendor they prefer?

Happy to finally report back that the Ridgeline Scout is shooting sub moa with all 3 box ammo types I tried. Shot a handful of 3 shot groups to break in, then the groups tightened right up. Shooting under an inch 3 shot groups with Norma 150gr soft points , Norma 168gr bthp match, and Federal Berger Hybrid Hunter 168gr. I don't even know that I'll reload for it this year with how well it's shooting. Very pleased so far

Unhappy

FNG
Looking at buying a Ridgeline. Anyone that has one, would like to hear your thoughts.
I bought a ridge line with the carbon fiber barrel, followed the breakend procedures to a tee, wouldn’t shoot 3 inch groups and would swap high, low , right left , the final straw was when it fired closing the bolt. My dealer sent it back, three times they said it would be 2 weeks, was 3 months to return, no explanation of what they did, dealer wouldn’t refund my money, put it in the consignment rack, In my opinion they are total jerks and it’s going to cost me 650 to get rid of this junk. Not only would I not recommend I wouldn’t ever buy anything with their name. For sure buy at your own risk!

Looking at buying a Ridgeline. Anyone that has one, would like to hear your thoughts.
Over the years I have heard mixed reviews. I bought a Ridgeline back in 2018 chambered in 6.5CM. I have had nothing but positive experiences with it shooting .5MOA.

On the other hand a friend of mine bought one last year...long story short. It went back to Christensen!

JD Jones

WKR
Another happy Ridgeline owner. Started rocky with brass flow and sticky bolt (no customer service calls) but things have smoothed out and the rifle shoots

I picked up an FFT Ridgeline a month or so back in 7 PRC. First range session was smooth and everything worked as it should.

.6 MOA first group with Hornady match 180s. The eld-x was around 1 moa give or take.

Only thing I noticed at home prior to shooting was extraction was going up into my windage knob - I rounded the top edge of the extractor and have had no issues since.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

62flint

FNG
Ridgeline 300wm, would not shoot as advertised. Spent a awful lot of time and money try to get it to shoot, Different ammo, bedding scope base, different scope etc.
Finally sent it back , new barrel and shoots good now. 1/2 moa or better to 800 yards . If I buy another I will not put as much time in it trying to get it to shoot before sending it back. Customer service was good with a quick turn around.