Christensen Arms MPR accuracy

Just got my 2022 CHRISTENSEN 300 win. MPR. Qdter the recommended break i am concerned. I would shoot a 3rd group at 100 sub moa and immediately shoot another 3 that would walk away from center.

Should I be concerned. How can I fix it

Thank u
You
Kyle Miller

How long between shots? Barrel needs time to cool. All barrels will string when they are heated.

This is not true. Crappy barrels that arent properly heat relieved string. A properly made barrel will stay in its cone no matter how hot it is.

Just got my 2022 CHRISTENSEN 300 win. MPR. Qdter the recommended break i am concerned. I would shoot a 3rd group at 100 sub moa and immediately shoot another 3 that would walk away from center.

Should I be concerned. How can I fix it

Thank u
You
Kyle Miller

Your data set it too small and your post doesnt contain enough data. What was size of first group what was distance from point of aim? Same for second group. What brand of scope? Has it been verified that it holds zero properly?

I remember reading of similar issues on MPRs a while back. One example:

On last page of that thread there are posters who had significant issues with 300wm and 300prc. One guy gave up after 3 trips back to christensen and just put a proof on it.

Last edited:
Dad was dead set on one earlier this year, mom bought him one for their 30th wedding anniversary. We did the barrel break in and followed everything they say to a "T" since I've read the issues they tend to have and I didn't want them to have any "ammo" on us if we had to send it back in for warranty work. His is in 6.5 PRC, and holy cow is it a shooter. We've had no issues making 1400 yard impacts, including my dad, who has always been a self proclaimed "set it and forget it" guy with his circa 1980's BDL in 7 mag.

FWIW, I worked at Sportsman's Warehouse for quite awhile before they started going downhill, and we handled lots of the shipping for guys doing warranty work on their firearms. We had a fair number of Christensen rifles come in, far more than there should have been considering their price point, and I would say about 90% of them were the carbon barreled models (MPR, Ridgeline, ETC.). Of those, probably 90% of the accuracy problems were with 300 win mag. It's just a single data point, but personally, if I was buying a 300 WM (will NEVER happen haha), Christensen would be last on my list.

But hey, I'm just some random guy on the internet...

Had one in 6.5 CM did exactly the same, down the road it went. As soon as it warmed up it would string shots. By warmed up I mean 10 minutes between shots at about 65 degrees.

Buddy of mine had the same experience and got rid of it. There seem to be lots of reviews out there with similar complaints. Great looking rifle, but seem to have QC issues.

I had an MPR 6.5 Creedmoor. Came with a barrel that was headspaced .003” short of SAAMI minimum but shot sub 1/2moa 5 shot groups with my loads. Sent it back to have the chamber issue addressed and asked that they just ream the existing barrel, they replaced the barrel instead and the new one strung diagonally as it warmed up. It would literally start stringing after the 1st shot. Shot like shit. Sent it back a second time and they replaced the rifle, sold the rifle and never looked back. Their QC sucks and their carbon barrels do too unless you get lucky.

I’d fix it by sending it in to let them out a new barrel on it and then selling it.

Back