Cheek Riser

Kal-Elk

Lil-Rokslider
Used to be able to get stick on comb risers. Seems they were marketed towards the trap shooters....

This is a matthews fabrication one that I grabbed off amazon, an put on a sendero stock. It works. Its a lil bulky for what it is IMO. Not sure if I would buy it again.
View attachment 580048View attachment 580049

I use Matthews as well, works great for me. He now offers a low profile adjustment version:

Fatcamp

WKR
No doubt that works, but I’m willing to spend $35 to avoid have to look at that mess on my rifle. That’s just me though. I’m not too proud to admit that I am into aesthetics.

😆 I've had every riser mentioned in this thread but recently gave up and put duct tape on my rifle. Must be getting old.

OP
cck

cck

FNG
Yup, those are what I was thinking off. Used em on a 28ga. They lasted longer than that huglu did lol.

Hey OP. Stupid question, but do you have room to just run a lower scope ring? And what rings are you running?
I don’t, I’m running vortex precision matched rings. I only have about 1/8” clearance between the bell of my scope and my barrel. I’m just still sitting a little low when I really nestle in to a solid and reproducible cheek weld.

I don’t, I’m running vortex precision matched rings. I only have about 1/8” clearance between the bell of my scope and my barrel. I’m just still sitting a little low when I really nestle in to a solid and reproducible cheek weld.

Gotcha. If you just need a lil bit, the stick on ones might be worth a shot. How much higher do you need to go?

Suggestion, find some rubber knee pad inserts, or like material, make a paper pattern to the shape you want that fits the stock, get some double-sided tape the kind used for floor rugs, if not thick enough to get the rise your after get thicker rubber or other suitable material. No drilling, and later easy to remove and clean up from. I have one rifle with a riser it's made from kydex and was stock drilled, I like it but don't think I would drill another stock for this.

Johnny Tyndall

Lil-Rokslider
Beartooth kit is cheap, non-destructive, and adjustable. Good way to try it out and see if you like the height. Long-term, I've found they shift around and I'm not sure if the material will hold water, so I'm looking at a bolt-on, but the Beartooth told me I do want more height.

OP
cck

cck

FNG
Gotcha. If you just need a lil bit, the stick on ones might be worth a shot. How much higher do you need to go?

Yeah, I actually ordered one of these on Amazon last night to give it a shot. I should only need about 1/4 to 3/8” so not much, are those kick eez pretty soft, or more firm?

Been a few years since I saw the one I have. But I wanna say they are about like a computer mouse pad.

Reactions: cck

Fatcamp

WKR
Beartooth kit is cheap, non-destructive, and adjustable. Good way to try it out and see if you like the height. Long-term, I've found they shift around and I'm not sure if the material will hold water, so I'm looking at a bolt-on, but the Beartooth told me I do want more height.

We have one of those, I actually really like it.

Go West Old Man

WKR
Classified Approved
Vetwrap & a foam piece from a Beartooth kit. Kind of janky, but effective! (I shoot left handed).😊

Attachments

• IMG_0623.jpeg
    IMG_0623.jpeg
    329.1 KB · Views: 27
Reactions: cck

bigeyedfish

Lil-Rokslider
Beat me to it. I used strips of yoga mat held on with Coban. I also have an old 22lr with a piece of 1/2" pex taped on. It was supposed to just be a test, but it worked so well I left it.

CobraChicken

Lil-Rokslider
1691689566161.png
Went with this guy on both my rifles. Doesn't seem like much but it helps. I had the same issue.

About 20 bucks and it's nice to be able to carry rounds in the pouch or out. Also allows me to carry my bore cleaner and whatever else I may need for my rifle on my rifle. If you need more height, tape some foam padding underneath