Cheap Stuff that Works

Jdtidmore

FNG
I have a Nomad Utility hoody that I’m hoping might work, but I was hoping to find something similar to a Core Heavyweight or Helio type piece

taskswap

WKR
Got another one to add, a new item I picked up this year.

Z-packs makes a mesh pocket that can attach to almost any backpack - I put mine on my MR Sawtooth. It's ultra light and pretty cheap and because it's mesh it dries out fast. I now keep my poncho and InReach in there - the poncho so it's fast to grab (don't have to open my pack, I can just about reach it over my shoulder actually) and the InReach so it has a "clear view of the sky" (which it's always saying it doesn't because I used to bury it in crap in my pack lid pocket). I wouldn't carry anything super heavy like a water bottle in there but for 2-3 lightweight items it's perfect.

cumminsbassguy

Lil-Rokslider
What is a good budget mid layer grid fleece?
100% can confirm a waffle top from any surplus store or clothing sale is a great option. My work one gets worn around 9 months a year. I'm going into year 5 with the same one. I use them as my hunting, fishing, just everything mid layer.

I would say the sizing is accurate for regular buyers of performance, exercise, and outdoor gear. My guess is the people saying it's too small are regular buyers of tactical gear or workwear that I find oversized. I'm usually between M and L and bought a L. Fits like other L pullover fleeces I have.

I've been using the Sofirn D25LR headlamp for a year now and it's the best headlamp I've ever owned. It's rugged, simple to use, bright, rechargeable, and the battery lasts a long time. They are 25% off right now too at sofirnlight.com. I like it way better than the Black Diamond and Petzel headlamps that I've owned.

go_deep

WKR
I've been using the Sofirn D25LR headlamp for a year now and it's the best headlamp I've ever owned. It's rugged, simple to use, bright, rechargeable, and the battery lasts a long time. They are 25% off right now too at sofirnlight.com. I like it way better than the Black Diamond and Petzel headlamps that I've owned.

Rechargable only? Or can you put regular batteries in it too?

jackle1886

Lil-Rokslider
I ordered two. Looks like they run off 18650 batteries.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

svivian

WKR
Looks like it runs off of 18650s so you should be able to put two 123A batteries in it.
That is correct I have two of these and keep spare batteries just in case
At $15.75 a headlamp and free shipping i just ordered two more thanks for the heads up

twall13

WKR
The Sofirns are a great value. I personally prefer their HS10 to the one linked above just because it's more compact and comfortable to wear but they are both a good value and it comes down to personal preference and how you plan on using it.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

SmotPoker

FNG
The Dexter Russel 3.5" Vegetable Utility Knife is worth a look if you're looking for an absolutely awesome, lightweight, SHARP blade in the 3-4" range. It weighs 1.7oz(listed weight) and costs 10-20$ depending when/where you purchase it. The blade is thin, so don't use it for hacking and prying, just slicing. Theres a sheath available for another 10$ made by Dexter. This gets my two thumbs up. Thing is an absolute razor blade.

15313_Drop_Shadow__78078.1651783815.500.659.png

CorbLand

WKR
What do you get as far as run time on the medium setting?

How are to sofirn batteries? Worth buying an extra set of theirs or are there better options?

Last edited: