Cheap Stuff that Works

Maverick1

WKR
Haha. I don’t happen to be a homosexual. In case you’re foreign to the term: In the military if you invest in your own equipment or over-think gear you will often be referred to as a gearqueer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha.....and I don’t happen to be interested! Checked the Urban Dictionary.... and I learned something new today. Good for a laugh anyhow.

• Haha
Reactions: Stu

Lonald

FNG
Not everything should cost an arm and a leg. Post any inexpensive stuff you’d recommend that just flat works.

I’ll start with a Mora 711. ~4.5 oz with sheath, easy to sharpen (and resharpen in field), and the textured rubberized grip is fantastic. Easy to grip and your hand doesn’t tire after several hours of boning.

$15

228ccc3d794989a4daff06c8af9b3ead.jpg

Heavy duty window shrink wrap - makes a great meat tarp or even a groundsheet. With some duct tape you could probably rig an emergency shelter.

6 oz for a 5’ x 10’ sheet, can be cut to size.

$7.94

7a49c143892f0f40c412fc01231edfd6.jpg

Military field jacket liner still one of the best layering I’ve ever used

mrgreen

WKR
Rick Young Bino harness ~ $20-$25.

I have a milk crate full of bino harnesses. They all have good design ideas, but this one is just simple and works. I put the OEM lens caps back on and don't worry about the glass.

Any little items like wind-checker or flagging tape ride in my pocket.

OP
RockChucker30

RockChucker30

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Rick Young Bino harness ~ $20-$25.

I have a milk crate full of bino harnesses. They all have good design ideas, but this one is just simple and works. I put the OEM lens caps back on and don't worry about the glass.

Any little items like wind-checker or flagging tape ride in my pocket.

+1 on that. I run one with an old crooked horn bino cover and it's my favorite system ever.

rfc86

FNG
x2 ont he Wrangler stretch pants,
also these shirts as a base layer

x2 on the Vapor shirt. Used in September on my Elk hunt.

gjs4

Lil-Rokslider
Wrangler stretch hiking pants. $21 @ Walmart. They probably won’t wear as well as Pranas, but they’re quarter the price.

I wasn’t able to find the “stretch hiking pants”... anyone have a link?