Cheap Stuff that Works

dtrkyman

WKR
I bought a softshell jacket at Sams club when I visited my Mom for like $9.81 I think it was, really nice for that money!

Unckebob

WKR
I bought 8 pairs of these when they went to $13 each.

Super comfy and seem tough so far. I wear them touring land, hiking, etc and they are holding up great so far. Unbelievably light weight. They feel
Lighter than the wrangles, which I absolutely love too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

How do they do in really hot weather? I live in Texas where it is always hot.

montei

FNG
Saw Wally World had a sun hoody for about $20. Looks pretty nice I will probably pick one up. Grey is the only hunting friendly color they had when I was there.

tpeitz07

FNG
Costco has their Cascade Carbon Fiber Trekking Poles in store right now for $35. Saw a lot of recommendations for these earlier on. They look to be great quality and I'm pumped to try them!

Best Budget Binoculars: ScoopX 10x42, can be picked up for $50 range on EBay right now, much lower than Amazon—they are very solid tight construction with glass that’s on par with the $200-$500 retail range. I learned of these from a friend who has tested dozens of budget brands. I think it’s a rebranded Athlon by the looks, without the warranty of course, but you can buy 5-10 for the price of a good Athlon. I did just that.

Best budget tripod fluid head: https://www.amazon.com/ProGearX-Compact-Rotation-Panorama-Mirrorless/dp/B0BWJDWRR4
I’ve bought 10 of them..come out to like $22 with coupon. They do everything the VA-5 did for me in a more compact unit with more true Arca-Swiss attachment I believe. Pretty sure they’re rebranded model of these https://shop.gohunt.com/collections/optics/products/mutnt-fluid-head-with-arca-plate

Thank me later :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fujicon

FNG
I figure I save a bundle not by going cheap, but by going different. For example, a high end monocular instead of binos. And the added bonus is the monocular's MUCH easier to carry all day.

Cheap glass for me is Alpha used. Traded a Leupold spotter for a pair of Mepota b1 8 x42. If you want great glass for less Mepota is excellent.

ledflight

WKR

Shortschaf

WKR
Classified Approved
+1 Victorinox believer
Gutted, caped, and quartered half a beef with the paring knife (only did half because two of us were cutting)

Touched the blade up once on the steel for 10 seconds. Zipped through everything like butter. Extremely light and easy to control. I only thought to try it out because of recommendations here.

I will probably not be bringing a hunting knife with me anymore

Attachments

• IMG_1922.jpeg
    IMG_1922.jpeg
    232.5 KB · Views: 123
+1 Victorinox believer
Gutted, caped, and quartered half a beef with the paring knife (only did half because two of us were cutting)

Touched the blade up once on the steel for 10 seconds. Zipped through everything like butter. Extremely light and easy to control. I only thought to try it out because of recommendations here.

I will probably not be bringing a hunting knife with me anymore
Is this the 3" one that comes in a set of 4 from Amazon for about $30?