Cheap Stuff that Works

twall13

WKR
If you are willing to spend a few extra bucks you can get a whole lot more light for a similar sized package in this Sofirn flashlight. $27.99, and I think they have a 10% off coupon on the site as well. Jumps you up to 1000 lumens if needed on a rechargeable battery. Some people prefer the AAA's because they are so common but I like a rechargeable because I go through too many batteries otherwise.

I rarely go to Walmart but we happened to be in one and I remembered to check for the Wrangler pants, well they had them (Didn't think they'd have them in Canada) and so I bought like 6 pairs lol. Excellent pants, comfy and all.

Charlie Brown

Lil-Rokslider
These work boots are stupid good for the money ($30). Super lightweight, durable, comfortable, water shedding and stay clean and sharp looking:

These coolers are as good as Yeti in my basic observational experience, a fraction of the cost, available in different sizes:

+1 for Wrangler outdoors pants, wear them 365-days

Dollar store—always check there first when putting together pre-hunt shop. They even carry many name brand supplies costing 2-3x elsewhere. Fun to walk the store and think what can be used as survival gear, like a $1 shower curtain becoming a waterproof minimalist backpacking tarp, etc..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Super glue from Dollar Store. Can get a 4 or 5 pack of single use tubes for the $1.25. great to have in pack and in bow case. Fixed a loose fletch last year.

jlively

Lil-Rokslider
I bought a pair of wrangler atg pants from target. $25. The seem to be a little nicer than the ones from Walmart. Also the zipper on the cargo pocket works better.
I agree with the Target ones being better. Also the regular hand pocket shape is weird on the ones I got from Walmart. Doesn't work well with holding a pocket knife with a clip or a tape measure. The angle is more similar to carpenter style jeans.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-05-17 082559.png
    Screenshot 2022-05-17 082559.png
    346.1 KB · Views: 275
  • Screenshot 2022-05-17 082754.png
    Screenshot 2022-05-17 082754.png
    534.3 KB · Views: 277

Brando

FNG
I agree with the Target ones being better. Also the regular hand pocket shape is weird on the ones I got from Walmart. Doesn't work well with holding a pocket knife with a clip or a tape measure. The angle is more similar to carpenter style jeans.
I have pairs from both Walmart and Target and although similar, they really aren’t the same style of pant. The ones I have the best success with are the “5 Pocket” style. Which are more like jeans, with the back pockets sewn on externally. The stitching seems to hold up better. I do feel like I have bought both styles from Target. A couple pair I’ve bought from Walmart have internally sewn back pockets, similar to khakis or dress pants. The stitching on these don’t hold up for very long in my experience,

BLJ

WKR
There is a couple of different but similar styles of Wrangler pants. If you look on there site, you'll see different part numbers.

bsnedeker

WKR
If you are willing to spend a few extra bucks you can get a whole lot more light for a similar sized package in this Sofirn flashlight. $27.99, and I think they have a 10% off coupon on the site as well. Jumps you up to 1000 lumens if needed on a rechargeable battery. Some people prefer the AAA's because they are so common but I like a rechargeable because I go through too many batteries otherwise.
So I'm a sucker for new flashlights and I ordered this after your recommendation. I'm always skeptical of lumen claims from manufacturers so I was curious how it would stack up against my o-light in the real world. When I got it and fired it up I was NOT impressed. The brightest setting wasn't noticeably brighter than my o-light.

But....then I glanced at the instruction sheet and discovered TURBO mode....holy crap this thing is bright!

This is a bit bulkier than my o-light so I'm not sure how I'll like carrying it around. The o-light is like a tube of chap stick, this Sofern light is more more like a short roll of quarters. Probably not a problem but I'm picky about what I keep in my pockets...lol.

Thanks for the heads up on this guy!

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

twall13

WKR
So I'm a sucker for new flashlights and I ordered this after your recommendation. I'm always skeptical of lumen claims from manufacturers so I was curious how it would stack up against my o-light in the real world. When I got it and fired it up I was NOT impressed. The brightest setting wasn't noticeably brighter than my o-light.

But....then I glanced at the instruction sheet and discovered TURBO mode....holy crap this thing is bright!

This is a bit bulkier than my o-light so I'm not sure how I'll like carrying it around. The o-light is like a tube of chap stick, this Sofern light is more more like a short roll of quarters. Probably not a problem but I'm picky about what I keep in my pockets...lol.

Ya, it won't last long on Turbo mode, but when you need it, it can get really bright. I bought one cause I have a bunch of batteries on that platform that weren't being used and I'm happy with it.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

montei

FNG

Which o light head lamp do you use and how do you like it? I have one of there hand helds that I absolutely love and was thinking about grabbing one of there headlamps.

naternate

FNG
These flashlight are awesome for the price. Small and very bright. Used to be a $1 and I buy them by the handful. Inflation has hit and they are up to $3. Have them in my truck, pack as a backup to headlight, garage, basement, junk drawer. I leave them in so many places they are always around and at hand. I hang it from a twig above my head when dressing deer in the field. And I am not mad when the kids loose them…..just go buy more. 100% my favorite cheap piece of gear.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ozark-T...ight-50-Lumens-3-AAA-Batteries-Blue/961064071

not sure if mentioned yet (i may have already mentioned it, haha) but another "must have" for any archery elk hunter is the "all elk bugle mule"...... like the third hand archery hip clip, i don't know what i did without it. the bugle mule is the best solution i have found for carrying diaphragms and keeping them handy and quick access. i have a phelps squeeze pouch on my pack belt, to carry extras, but the 3 i use often are in the bugle mule all season, and that's a very well thought out gadget.... it has been flawless

forestry

FNG
I'm a big fan of Mountainsmith V-stakes like the ones that come with the mountain shelter LT. Similar weight to MSR groundhogs, not quite as strong in my experience, but cheaper and still very good.

I buy a half dozen of these every time I go to Home Depot. Very handy and the uses are endless.

Stonia

FNG
I had a cracked ATV fender, to replace it cost $500.
Plastic welding/hot staples was the solution.
I've used this for a variety of repairs from shot decoys to cracked snow shovels to cracked rain barrels.
I have a different cheap plastic "welder". Basically just a flat shoe soldering iron, but have used it extensively to fix all kinds of things, including the kids' atv fenders. Metal window screen makes a great strengthening material as well.