Cheap groundhog gun

kickemall

WKR
Ruger American Predator in .223. $400 bucks and has a reputation for cheap accuracy. I use one for a ranch gun and treat it badly and it just continues to shoot.

Remington92

Lil-Rokslider
What sort of ranges you shooting? I've got a 17hmr ruger precision rimfire that rides shotgun all summer for shooting ground squirrels in barley fields. The chassis full length hand guard works nice since you can rest it on the passenger side window edge instead of the barrel and not cause deflection.

Once winter rolls around and I'm more worried about coyotes it gets rotated out for a savage axis 243 kit gun I won in a raffle years ago and happens to be the most accurate rifle I own.

17hmr is good to 125yds or so leaning off a mirror for me on those small targets.

Turkeytider

Lil-Rokslider
A few dozen 220 conibears and be done with it. Shooting them is too time consuming to get good results.

Find the holes and stake the 220 right over it. Come back daily to remove the 'chucks and reset. Daily checks are the key. Nothing nastier than a bloated woodchuck covered in maggots.
More efficient? Most likely. As much fun ( since you have to dispatch them anyway ) ? Nah !

Maki35

WKR
I would go with a semi for groundhog- Ruger 10/22, Marlin 60, savage 64, Or Henry 22 lever action or pump.
.22 LR is cheap and plentiful by the brick.

Boltgun

FNG
Why not the ubiquitous AR15?

223/556: check
Cheap: check
Accurate: check
Durable: check

The real question is what optic for the truck gun?

OP
F
Haha I love my ar’s but just looking for a beater bolt action. But having an excuse to buy another at sounds good. Boys took their 10/22’s out this morning an practiced their stalking skills and killed 3 this morning. Thanks for all the suggestions