Changing parallax setting from 100 to 50

BLJ

WKR
Anyone know of someone who provides this service?
I’ve got a Japanese Weaver K6 that I would like to change to a 50 yard parallax setting for a 22.
I’ve seen a few places pop up (Iron Site) but. I mention of this specifically.
I’ve also read of the possibility of doing it myself by unscrewing the objective end??? Not sure about that one. Any info?? Thanks.

I did it on a scope for my 22. Cheap cabelas scope and I wanted it set closer. Used an oil filter wrench with the rubber strap to loosen the objective end and Threaded the lens in I believe. Then locked it back down. It was pretty simple actually. Just move it a little and check

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

rayporter

WKR
the reason optical services and other scope repair people dont like to work on most jap scopes it the glue they use.

if you send it to somebody talk with them about this. i have had work done on glued scopes by telling them i wont hold them responsible if it breaks. two success stories and one mailed back to that he said he could not get apart.

look on you tube for directions on how to do it your self. i used to have the link but lost it.

Reactions: BLJ
OP
B

BLJ

WKR
I think I’m actually going to hold off on this one. I looked into it a little and I don’t think it’s worth the risk at this point. Thanks for the info.