50 yard parallax scope

rmarshall

WKR
I’ve seen a few of these meopta Meopro 3-9x40 scopes in a store. They say 50 yard parallax duplex reticle. Would it only be decent for a .22 rimfire or could it be used on a deer hunting rifle? Deer hunting the shots would never be over 400. I know most scope are 150 or so set from the factory unless they have a parallax adjuster side or front. I have a similar scope in the meopta Meopro 3.5-10x44 and the glass is amazing. It’s one of favorites. Would it be a hindrance to have a 50 yard parallax?

Macintosh

WKR
It wont help unless most of your shots are close—eastern woods 50 yards is a pretty normal shot distance. Its maybe a muzzleloader scope?
Ive found parallax error on my 22 to be enough to cause a miss on the tiny kyl-rack targets in an nrl22 format at very close range, but cant say how much error it would introduce at centerfire range.

Piddle with this calculator to see how much difference parallax can make. With proper positioning, which is pretty easy on unhurried shots, you probably won't notice.

jbspec

FNG
It’s easy to change yourself.Unscrew the objective cap. You may need a small strap wrench but it’s usually only hand tight. Turn the objective lense carrier clockwise until parallax is absent at the desired range. If unscrewing the lense carrier to reduce the parallax free distance be careful not to go too far and let the gas out.