Changing Arrows

CentennialState

Lil-Rokslider
Interested in anyone’s experience-
I’ve been shooting Victory Rip TKO 300 spine all summer. Shooting great out of my bow (VXR 31.5). Unfortunately I broke three this week with a combination of a bad shot, and a kid and a car door (don’t ask).
I’ve called all my local shops and they’re all sold out. Not enough time to get new ones in before September hunts.
So I’m trying to understand if I switch arrows this late in the game and go back to my old Easton Axis 5mm, will I have to have my bow re-tuned to the new arrows or simply shoot until Im able to dial in my sight?
Thanks for your help!

Generally once a bow is tuned to a stiff shaft, it will shoot everything stiff, aside from rest height adjustments for the difference in shaft diameter. So if you were stiff, and staying with a stiff setup it will be pretty straightforward.

If setup was on weaker side, it's likely you will need to make more adjustments.

CobraChicken

Lil-Rokslider
I switched twice. Once from a 4mm axis to a 5mm fmj 1 month ago. Slight change in rest, both stiff arrows. Change 2 weeks ago and cut the fmj down a 1/4. No change.

Granted I had similar setups, stuffer arrow, load weight up front, same fletchings, inserts etc.

OP
CentennialState

CentennialState

Lil-Rokslider
Excellent, appreciate your guys help, thanks. Hope you have good seasons!

rkcdvm

Lil-Rokslider
I switched from Method to RIP's . I bet the regular RIP's would shoot the same. I could be wrong though. I don't shoot the TKO's because the components are aluminum. I would think for arrows that expensive they would have stainless components. Oddly enough even switching from the Methods to the Victory's, I didn't even have to resight. I did have to retune because the RIP's are 204's and the methods were 166's.

RyanC

WKR
Plenty of online shops you can order from that will expedite shipping. Some will even build to your specs. I would not switch arrows this late in the game if hunting in September.

My .02

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your call, but it seems like ordering some exact replacements online and having them expedited would be a lot less hassle than switching arrows then (probably) having to adjust your sight and maybe having to re-tune. Black Ovis and Lancaster (among others I'm sure) show RIP TKO 300's in stock.

sndmn11

WKR
RMSgear has them in stock

Reactions: Zac
OP
CentennialState

CentennialState

Lil-Rokslider
RMSgear has them in stock
I called them today and they said they’re sold out. Hmmm. Got my last ones from them, great guys, they had to order them special earlier this year because they can’t keep them in stock. Maybe he was mistaken??

sndmn11

WKR
I called them today and they said they’re sold out. Hmmm. Got my last ones from them, great guys, they had to order them special earlier this year because they can’t keep them in stock. Maybe he was mistaken??

Could be mistaken, who knows.

Tommy has the pos system inventory integrated with the website. Maybe there was confusion on shafts vs arrows.

I'd just email Tommy [email protected] and Dan [email protected] and see what they say. Put urgent in the subject line and I bet someone gets back to you tonight.

OP
CentennialState

CentennialState

Lil-Rokslider
Could be mistaken, who knows.

Tommy has the pos system inventory integrated with the website. Maybe there was confusion on shafts vs arrows.

I'd just email Tommy [email protected] and Dan [email protected] and see what they say. Put urgent in the subject line and I bet someone gets back to you tonight.
Really appreciate it, thanks a ton; always prefer to support them as opposed to buy online if I can (but you guys who found them online for me, thanks for taking the time to look!)