Cervus elaphus meat hunt

Jager

WKR
I have been trying to find time for a little while know to knock an animal for meat.

After a couple of lost animals due to TTSX's not being the best choice out of my 338/06 I reloaded again with some Accubonds and cracked a couple for eating.

I have watched this mob of stags summering for a couple of years know and genetically they are not the best for breeding, good excuse hey...

Anyway, the Accubonds performed flawlessly and I had my eaters on the ground.

My youngest apprentice enjoying the spoils.

Doing what apprentices do.

Shot from above between shoulder blades.

Entry side behind shoulder.

SDHNTR

WKR
Why do you consider the TTSX a problem in your caliber?

Likely because it doesn't push that hard copper bullet fast enough to make it expand reliability. We have to use copper on pigs here in CA and since that law passed, I've seen far less bang flops than I used to see when we could use lead. Unless you hit the shoulder and break them down, it's just pencil holes in and out of the ribs with the copper.

Cool pics. That Accubond is a great choice!

OP
Jager

Jager

WKR
Thanks fellas, the lad was involved in every facet of the harvest, from getting up early right, butchering, packaging right through to eating the venison.

Rucker61 SDHNTR hit the nail on the head, the TTSX's really need to be flying along very fast to expand, a mate uses them out of a 300WSM and wouldn't use anything else, I am putting them out at approx. 2700, and especially on thin skinned deer, it is just not enough unless you hit something solid. I did shoot 2 pigs with them for bang flops, but their skin is a lot heavier, plus I might have simply hit them in the exact right spot, as SDHNTR has mentioned.

SDHNTR, yeah, the Accubonds are performing well alright.

Enjoyed the pics Jager. Shared them with the kids. Started working to impress on the wife that making a trip down for red stag would be a great adventure for the whole family.

I suspect that I have a few more years' worth of convincing to go.

Benny M

FNG
Cracking stuff mate. Great looking country, greener than a lot of places at the moment.

Does your young feller always dress up like a ninja? :D

OP
Jager

Jager

WKR
Benny, that is where we are heading, just watch the ninja.

Lol Footy shorts are the only way to roll, especially the Gen 4 M11 sack covers.