Carrying extra arrows while backpack hunting?

Jon Boy

WKR
Usually just 4 and a grouse arrow for me. Haven't ran out of or broke arrows yet. When I do maybe I'll think about it, doubtful though.

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
I like to stash arrows, this year I kinda forgot to go get em after making it back to the truck. Whoops. Not worth the 6 miles to go back for 3 arrows.

Solotude

FNG
I carry five in a quiver. Most of my archery hunting is early season so I don't (usually) shoot at small game as I normally don't have a fire to cook game while hunting.

I have only carried arrows in my quiver (5) on the outside of my pack and have lost arrows with them slipping out a time or 2. What is the preferred way you guys are carrying arrows safely inside the pack ? Bubble wrap,rigid tube etc ?

vcb

WKR
I typically carry 6 in the attached two piece quiver. I like all the arrows on my bow...feels like I can hold steadier....just my preference. If I had multi tags...Probably would pack a few extra in.

Ouch. James gave me a couple packages for my tag stew. Yummy. How does that line go? "Nothing but love brother " 😂 2 good men right there.

Reactions: Sod