Carrying child in hunting pack

bpietila

FNG
I let my two year old sit on the meat shelf and hold on to the frame. When she wants to walk it is super easy to take a knee and let her hop off. It’s not as easy for her to get on, but it’s easy enough for someone to lift her back up when she wants to ride again. FWIW never done this on anything but flat terrain

strousek

WKR
When my son was younger I was able to take him along in my Stone Glacier pack. I used a blow up pillow on the meat shelf and he would sit on that. He always said it was comfortable but lucky for me he would, and still does, go through hell to hunt with dad. We did several pronghorn and deer hunts this way. 20210821_134612.jpg
20210821_134603.jpg

atmat

WKR
I have my daughter stand in my SG 6900 Talus on hikes. I cinch the middle strap down a bit so she can kind of sit on it if she wants. But she does great in the bag. Bonus is it keeps her warm and dry in cold/wet weather.

It works hunting so long as you’re not carrying a ton. I use my side pockets and a dry bag on the meat shelf to carry gear.

The only drawback is occasionally my daughter will fling herself laterally to grab a cool leaf or something. That doesn’t feel good but my spine is still holding up.

Nine Banger

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
The osprey item was good for us until about 2 years old.

I used this for a chukkar hunt with dogs and tall grass and it worked great. I have it somewhere around here if someone wants it.