Carbon six wait time...

What is everyone currently seeing for wait times? I've noticed a good amount of backlash on social media that promptly gets deleted, im getting close to 8 months here.

wnelson14

WKR

A bunch of info here.
I ordered 11/3/2023 just got the invoice that mine is done asking for me to pay my 50%.

wyosam

WKR
I haven’t followed carbon 6 for a couple years because it’s been a while since I bought one. There is very high demand right now, and has been for a few years, but I don’t think the manufacturers are convinced it’s going to stay this way, so they aren’t investing is large scale capacity expansion. From a business perspective, having work booked far in advance makes sense. Steady work protects the bottom line and keeps employees happy. I used to buy several barrels a year, but have kind of hit the point where my “need” list is zero, and even my want list is pretty barren. Other than replacing barrels as I shoot them out, I don’t know what my next project is. I have friends that have hit the same point. I don’t think the demand will stay this high forever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lintond

WKR
It took me 9 months and I purchased prior to the fall sale 11/9/23…so in theory there will be a higher volume of orders in the cue from the sale.

Supposed to receive my barrel soon and hopefully it’s a shooter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
K

A bunch of info here.
I ordered 11/3/2023 just got the invoice that mine is done asking for me to pay my 50%.
I ordered a barrel a week prior from a different company and recieved it in 8 weeks, this is just ridiculous.

wnelson14

WKR
I ordered a barrel a week prior from a different company and recieved it in 8 weeks, this is just ridiculous.
Haha, I bought a tikka a while ago and wrote this barrel off. The wait time is what it is, in February I was told I would have it in May. That was a huge lie and not even remotely close.
The issue I hate is them coming on here and promoting their summer sale and me getting marketing emails about the summer sale.

OP
K
Haha, I bought a tikka a while ago and wrote this barrel off. The wait time is what it is, in February I was told I would have it in May. That was a huge lie and not even remotely close.
The issue I hate is them coming on here and promoting their summer sale and me getting marketing emails about the summer sale.
I was pretty upset when I seen the summer sale as well, it's one thing if you can keep things rolling, but to keep floating your payroll when your wait time has doubled is wrong.

OP
K

A bunch of info here.
What was the last few digits of your order number? Just trying to see how many are in between

wnelson14

WKR
What was the last few digits of your order number? Just trying to see how many are in between

They talked about it today On the Shoot to hunt podcast, sounds like Carbon six got an OEM deal for a certain manufacture and that’s when all hell broke loose.

OP
K

They talked about it today On the Shoot to hunt podcast, sounds like Carbon six got an OEM deal for a certain manufacture and that’s when all hell broke loose.
There's only 700+ order numbers between us.....they were definitely show boating at shot show about it.

Last edited:

wnelson14

WKR

My new invoice for the barrel being done is 17665, so sounds like they have numerous order numbers for one order.

What is everyone currently seeing for wait times? I've noticed a good amount of backlash on social media that promptly gets deleted, im getting close to 8 months here.
I talked to someone on the phone last week while their sale was going on and he said it would 6-8 months if I ordered right now. I’m still going with CarbonSix for my build just because there are so many options for custom work with them- if it comes by the end of next august I’ll be happy