Can't Shoot A Big Bull If You Shoot A Small One First!

kburm91

FNG
Awesome bull! I will have to keep telling myself the same. First elk hunt for me in November in northern NM.

Wow that is an incredible bull! Great write up as well. My heart started pounding the more I read lol. Congrats!!

Less

FNG
That’s a once in a life time bull right there !!!😉 Congratulations. Great story too !!! Sounds like you learned a lot during the years you have been hunting Elk.

JLeMieux

Lil-Rokslider
Man what an awesome bull. The backstory just makes it that much cooler.

I'm no expert, but if you continue to take the same approach, it may not work out quite as well the next few years.

Jgill19

Lil-Rokslider
Holy smokes. That is just an absolute smoker. Big frame, dark antlers, good lord that is about as beautiful as a bull can get!

COelk89

FNG
Wow congrats, that is an awesome bull. I passed on some small bulls during archery hoping for a bigger one that never came. By the time I was ready to just kill a cow I couldn't make it happen.

Congratulations that is one stud of a bull. I’ve hunted elk for about 35 years. Only about 5 years ago I started passing small bulls. Toward the end of my hunt I’ll lower my standards. But I did finally turn the corner one year and let legal bulls walk away. Quite the feeling isn’t it? What did I just do! Lol But.. you can’t kill a big bull if your tag is hanging on a small one!