Can't Shoot A Big Bull If You Shoot A Small One First!

Pacific_Fork

Well Known Rokslider
If there’s such thing as perfection this is it. That bull is perfect. I have a great LE ID tag in my hand right now and needed this reminder. Can’t get an itchy trigger finger.

deltadukman

Lil-Rokslider
What a stud, congrats! Our similar saying in our part of the whitetail world is "You don't shoot the great ones shooting the good ones"

That’s right. I’m not a believer in the saying shoot on the first day what you’d shoot on the last. I hunt only 6 point bulls for the first half of my hunt passing up anything smaller. It was many years before I passed up a bull of any size. It’s hard not to second guess yourself days later when you can’t find one. Lots of years I shoot bulls smaller than I hoped for. But before I shot them I took a legitimate crack at shooting something bigger.

Congratulations on a well deserved bull. Very nice!

Hnthrdr

WKR
I have seen several 300"+ bulls come out of OTC units in CO. These two bulls here I found in August 2020 while scouting for mountain goats. They lived in an OTC unit in the middle of the national forest. They are there but they sure are smart.
I agree, from the time I’ve spent in some super hammered units they are in there, but they are big for a reason! But yes it is far more common and most likely a little easier to get a bit mature bull from a low pressure draw unit

Jbenson

Lil-Rokslider
That's not a big bull. That's a frickin TOAD man! Awesome. Congrats on a stud.

I have seen several 300"+ bulls come out of OTC units in CO. These two bulls here I found in August 2020 while scouting for mountain goats. They lived in an OTC unit in the middle of the national forest. They are there but they sure are smart.

This.

They are out there, not to be a spot burner.