Cannot get rid of low tear, Mathews V3X 29.

Did you try lowering the rest any? Or just jump to moving the loop?

I lowered the rest first (since that's easier) to see if that was going to solve my problem, but my arrow was clearly below the berger hole, so I moved the rest back up so my arrow was in the middle of the berger hole, and then moved my loop up.

BBob

WKR
If you adjust the timing to fix the tear then what would need to be done to fix the spongey draw stop if they aren't in sync anymore after this adjustment?
You might be surprised at how often a bow ends up holding more solid by twisting cables and shoot testing. Static visual alignment doesn’t always find the best spot.

I lowered the rest first (since that's easier) to see if that was going to solve my problem, but my arrow was clearly below the berger hole, so I moved the rest back up so my arrow was in the middle of the berger hole, and then moved my loop up.

I have a 33 right now that for some reason it's tuning with the shaft on the bottom side of the Berger hole.

There's not really rules on how a bow should tune, just that it does. I know guys that will have center shot bumped out to an inch because they won't shim cams. In my take, that's wrong, the bow is made to be shimmed. However, it still tunes.

Lots of factors can contribute to things. Grip, face pressure, overall form, etc. I suspect a 29" bow with a long draw exasperates some issues too, don't know if that's the case, but can play into it.

So moving the loop high of center isn't really wrong if the bow tunes, but it's not how the bow was designed to be shot. Much like trying to tiller tune it, they are setup to just have the limbs backed out evenly.

I have a 33 right now that for some reason it's tuning with the shaft on the bottom side of the Berger hole.

That about how mine was. The middle of the arrow shaft was probably about equal with the bottom of the berger hole.

So moving the loop high of center isn't really wrong if the bow tunes, but it's not how the bow was designed to be shot.

That makes sense when you think about each cam being made to do exactly 1/2 the work. All my other mathews tuned with the nock point a little high, so I just figured "eh, typical mathews", but those were all solocams.

I think I'll leave it how it is unless it gives me problems in the future.. if I move the rest and loop now, I have to move my sight, possibly peep, etc.

Thanks again for the help!

That about how mine was. The middle of the arrow shaft was probably about equal with the bottom of the berger hole.

That makes sense when you think about each cam being made to do exactly 1/2 the work. All my other mathews tuned with the nock point a little high, so I just figured "eh, typical mathews", but those were all solocams.

I think I'll leave it how it is unless it gives me problems in the future.. if I move the rest and loop now, I have to move my sight, possibly peep, etc.

Thanks again for the help!

I remember at one point Griv said to tune a bow in a shooting machine, then learn to shoot it so it's tuned.

I think you are fine to leave it. When tuning for others, I usually just have them shoot and tune the bow to them. That's way easier than correcting them.

As long as the end results are achieved, guess it don't matter too much how you get there.

OP
C

CMS829

Lil-Rokslider
i don’t know if this has been asked yet but where did you set your loop at? The newer Mathew’s are designed to have the knocking point centered between the cams. If yours is not I’d reset it based on this and then level your rest according to that as well. If your set up to high it can result in what you’re seeing now.
my nock is literally exactly between axles. If I level the arrow perpendicular to the string, I got nock low tears. I have to run the rest down to correct it. Timing is as close to perfect as I can get it.

Does the same thing with 400 spine. I am shooting 27" DL at 70 Lbs. 350 spine.

OP
C

CMS829

Lil-Rokslider
This is precisely what I had to do. But....I hated that my nock point was not centered..so I dropped the nock point back down and lowered the rest. lol

Here's where my 33 has tuned with a blade rest.

Screenshot_20230329_174113_Gallery.jpg

Hunting setup with a QAD drop away it was right where I'd expect. In fact, I think everything read 0 on the integrate. Of course with the blade it will rise up a little, but it's definitely low in the berger. The way it's shooting at 50m I'm not changing it for where it "should" be.

Loop is centered between the axles, soft nocks top and bottom of the loop, larger nock tied in bottom of the loop to give the arrow a little downward angle.

OP
C

CMS829

Lil-Rokslider
Here's where my 33 has tuned with a blade rest.

View attachment 536636

Hunting setup with a QAD drop away it was right where I'd expect. In fact, I think everything read 0 on the integrate. Of course with the blade it will rise up a little, but it's definitely low in the berger. The way it's shooting at 50m I'm not changing it for where it "should" be.

Loop is centered between the axles, soft nocks top and bottom of the loop, larger nock tied in bottom of the loop to give the arrow a little downward angle.
I pretty much have the same thing going on. And my nock is centered perfectly between axles. Got my slider sight pretty close so going to shoot some Broadheads tomorrow and see where they land. I stopped caring if it was perfect through paper as long as it shoots. Second photo is 80 yards.

Attachments

• 73E86CA2-6337-450D-B6B0-8C5DF2F3AF48.png
    73E86CA2-6337-450D-B6B0-8C5DF2F3AF48.png
    943.5 KB · Views: 16
  • 5759171B-1729-492F-B5E5-7EFBFA0280D6.jpeg
    5759171B-1729-492F-B5E5-7EFBFA0280D6.jpeg
    273.4 KB · Views: 16
I pretty much have the same thing going on. And my nock is centered perfectly between axles. Got my slider sight pretty close so going to shoot some Broadheads tomorrow and see where they land. I stopped caring if it was perfect through paper as long as it shoots. Second photo is 80 yards.

I don't mess with paper, just where it bareshafted. The way it's configured right now, it's not gonna see broadheads.