Can 7 PRC use the same action as 300 PRC?

AFmaryland

Lil-Rokslider
Sorry if this is a dumb question...but I'm considering building a 300 PRC with a zermatt origin action and was curious if I could just swap out a barrel to 7 PRC in the future or if I'd need a whole new action as well.

From what I gather both use magnum actions, I see reports you can use the same action for 300WM as 7PRC but does this also apply to 300 PRC?

Thanks!

deadwolf

WKR
I have thought about this as well, as I have a proof elevation in 300 PRC. But at the end of the day I figured the bullet weight difference and ballistics between the two don’t matter enough to make it worthwhile, to me. But I love that we have these options now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Packmansion

Lil-Rokslider
7PRC and 300PRC should use the same bolt, action and magazine. They are both magnum. If you plan on reloading I hope you already have a pile of magnum primers. Otherwise I would be prepared to wait a while... Seems like there is more factory ammo available for 300 PRC at the moment because there is no 7 ammo lol. The options for factory 300 PRC are very limited. If you can reload and have the primers it will be a blast! Otherwise it might be quite frustrating... If you shoot factory ammo I'd get the old 300 win or be very patient. If you reload 300 win you can get close to 300 PRC.