CameraLandNY customer service experience

nvHUNT3R

FNG
I’m a newbie on this forum, but so glad I joined. That being said, I have to post this. I’ve made a lot of mistakes over the last few years in what gear I bought and what vendor I bought it from, I’m only 29 but for the last 10 years or so have gotten more serious about hunting. All over this forum good stories and praises of cameralandny and Doug, so when I decided to sell off all my vortex stuff and get into Kowa glass, I decided to buy from Cameralandny. I’m not going to lie, even after seeing so many people directing others to shop there and contact Doug, I was still skeptical. In todays world hardly any business looks out for their customers or go out of their way to get them the best deal or make sure what they’re buying is actually quality and that they’ll be happy with their purchase. But, through the whole process, all I can say is WOW! I purchased a Kowa 773 spotter, Kowa genesis 10.5x44 binos, and a Sirui Carbon tripod during their Presidents’ Day sale, so everything was already marked down. Doug had talked about package deals during their sale here on Rokslide. Unfortunately, do to MY work schedule, not theirs, I couldn’t talk on the phone with Doug directly before the sale was over but still corresponded through a couple emails. I made my purchase anyway without and type of package deal or anything, and I was fine with that since everything was on sale already. As soon as I got the notification that my items were ready to ship, I also got an email from Doug saying he put something a little extra in my package. Well I just received my items today, along with a gift card. All I can say is Doug went above and beyond, and out of his way to provide the best experience I’ve had dealing with any vendor in the outdoor/hunting community. I know it’s been discussed many times before here on Rokslide, but I felt I had to share my experience as well, and that they have added another lifelong customer to their list of I’m sure many. Thanks again Doug, and Cameralandny.

GMB54-120

Lil-Rokslider
I wanted the Sightron STAC 4-20x50 bundle with the Athlon rings but they only offered medium height. So i called. Got thru to Doug really fast and asked about the low rings because my rail is taller. He hooked me up and got my scope to me in 3 days.

Very happy with my first Cameraland experience.

Good deal, I’ve bought from them but never had to use the customer service, I’ll buy again with confidence.

Flyrodr

FNG
The problem with Doug is that he regularly, as in always, is shattering my stereotyped image of Nou Yawkers.

A really nice person to deal with!!

Honyock

WKR
Great to here. My experience with them has been very good. It's worth calling to listen to Doug and Joel speak.:cool:

LuvDog

FNG
I still don't know how doug does it. I called him a few months ago for a new spotter. Talked to him mid-late afternoon.. probably 3-4PM. And I had the spotter in my hands in less than 24 hours.

Gmark

FNG
I agree with all the comments above - I messaged Doug and he responded to me very quickly. After calling the store and chatting to Neil, I had a much better idea of what I should focus on and they had great prices to match the great customer service. Unfortunately I didn't end up getting anything from them because there was no stock of the specific item I settled on, but I would not hesitate ever doing business with them.