Calling people names

woods89

WKR
Name calling is part of the brotherhood in certain professions. Don't get me wrong, I like that this forum keeps it clean! I just wanted to let you know that groups of guys can do some serious name calling and it be perfectly normal and non-malicious.
Being in construction myself, I can certainly agree with this!

It does seem different on the internet though.

260madman

WKR
Assuming DB=Dirt Bag, it is somewhat of a term of endearment in the climbing community. Basically a DB is someone who lives to climb and devotes all his energy/time to climbing. I'm still have no idea what FT means though.
DB is Summer’s Eve bag

FT is F-word and then short version of someone with an extra chromosome.

Who knew other parts of Rokslide were so exciting?

Name calling is part of the brotherhood in certain professions. Don't get me wrong, I like that this forum keeps it clean! I just wanted to let you know that groups of guys can do some serious name calling and it be perfectly normal and non-malicious.
Yea like my dad for instance, worked construction, logger, and on the slopes. His favorite saying when we were working on something and he wasn't quite able to get it, and I would ask if he wanted me to try he would say "I'm f'ing this dog, you just hold its head". Great father son bonding. Been happy to use it on him a few times in adulthood.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
like in-person, there would be very little name calling.
Perhaps........but I'm sure there would be enough other disagreements that could be settled that way as well. In college in my fraternity, you put 40 guys together in the same house and there will eventually be some disagreements and problems. We settled them all the same way: The entire brotherhood assembled in the basement and those that had the problem, put on the boxing gloves. It wasn't over until it was over. But when it was all said and done.....everyone had a beer together, and it was DONE. Guys being guys. My closest friends are pretty much the only guys I call names. We all do that. Not sure we've used our actual real names in decades.......even when talking to each other's wives.

Oh ya.......and the next time I'm in Idaho, I'm showing up at your door to call you some names. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

IH8Cali

Lil-Rokslider
Any military unit can attest, the depths of ball busting have hardly been seen anywhere near this forum. But requested etiquette noted.

Randle

WKR
What purpose does name calling really serve? Elevate one self above another? It seems that threads spiral once it starts

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Perhaps........but I'm sure there would be enough other disagreements that could be settled that way as well. In college in my fraternity, you put 40 guys together in the same house and there will eventually be some disagreements and problems. We settled them all the same way: The entire brotherhood assembled in the basement and those that had the problem, put on the boxing gloves. It wasn't over until it was over. But when it was all said and done.....everyone had a beer together, and it was DONE. Guys being guys. My closest friends are pretty much the only guys I call names. We all do that. Not sure we've used our actual real names in decades.......even when talking to each other's wives.

Oh ya.......and the next time I'm in Idaho, I'm showing up at your door to call you some names. :ROFLMAO:
Bring it on you nucklehead hahahaha