Cage blinds

rackcity24

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone have experience with cage blinds? They seem a little more durable than the average popup. I usually sit in tree stands, but where i plan on to hunt best suites a blind.

Crusader

WKR
Hmmm, maybe I'm a little out of it or something but what is a cage blind? I'm not familiar with the term.

Spent some time in them this year. I can’t speak to durability as they were not mine but they were really heavy duty and looked like they would hold up much better than the average blind. I really liked the corner windows and think they would give you ample space to shoot a bow out of. The main complaints I have are the zippers are really loud and that is probably a necessary evil for how tight the walls are and having to go with a beefy zipper. Also the main “middle” windows are too tall if you are setting in a standard fold out chair but I think it would be fine with a taller chair.

Attached is a terrible picture but it might give some reference. Gun was on a tripod and has a 26” barrel with a nomad L on it so the blind is plenty roomy. I was setting in a fold out chair and I had to sit on the edge of the chair to get high enough to get in the scope but it was still too low to clear the middle window. 834B04B6-D6A5-44F1-AB29-CF043E0EB829.jpeg

OP
R

rackcity24

Lil-Rokslider
Spent some time in them this year. I can’t speak to durability as they were not mine but they were really heavy duty and looked like they would hold up much better than the average blind. I really liked the corner windows and think they would give you ample space to shoot a bow out of. The main complaints I have are the zippers are really loud and that is probably a necessary evil for how tight the walls are and having to go with a beefy zipper. Also the main “middle” windows are too tall if you are setting in a standard fold out chair but I think it would be fine with a taller chair.

Attached is a terrible picture but it might give some reference. Gun was on a tripod and has a 26” barrel with a nomad L on it so the blind is plenty roomy. I was setting in a fold out chair and I had to sit on the edge of the chair to get high enough to get in the scope but it was still too low to clear the middle window. View attachment 486989
Did you ever get to sit in the blind when it was windy? It seems in ND it's always windy here. I appreciate the reply.

Did you ever get to sit in the blind when it was windy? It seems in ND it's always windy here. I appreciate the reply.
The windiest day was blowing around 10-12 so not bad. It was on an elevated platform I think around 8’ and the blind did really well. The windows get a little flappy if you open them all the way up and just use the clip to hold them back but they also have a tether system so you can use that with the zippers to put tension on the window material which seemed to really cut down the movement.

AHorst

FNG
I saw this scrolling through the whitetail threads so I thought I'd give you my opinion even though it has been awhile since anyone posted. I have two of them on my land in northern WI. There was a lot of snow up there this year and the blinds never caved in with all the snow on top. See the pic. We never get super strong winds up there but I'm guessing they will hold up pretty well. They are very spacious, my dad an I are able to fully stand up in them we are 5'11". I agree that the zippers are a little loud but we just keep the windows open during the hunting season.

cage.jpg

WCB

WKR
I've sat in one a couple times. If you have to or are going to be moving the bling at all complete no go. They are heavy. In normal hunting situations I don't see a huge need for one. I hunt N.D. a lot and I guess unless you are just setting it in the wide open the Cage would be better in the wind but normally blinds are tucked in and you can tie them off or stake them out if high winds are an issue.