Caes Trimmers

No, generally you will have one unit for trimming and one for inside chamfering, or swap the insert

thorson95

FNG
Giraud for me. Henderson wasn’t an option when I purchased.

If it’s not a 3 in 1 trimmer, I want nothing to do with it.

A hand crank trimmer is adequate if doing a few rounds here and there but the giraud saves me considerable time when it comes to reloading 100-300 rounds at a time
Is the Giraud easy to set up? I was trying to watch some videos, but it looks a little frustrating to setup. I know Greg from Primal Rights has the Giraud, and Greg definitely knows what he is talking about.

Lawnboi

WKR
Is the Giraud easy to set up? I was trying to watch some videos, but it looks a little frustrating to setup. I know Greg from Primal Rights has the Giraud, and Greg definitely knows what he is talking about.
It can be a pain in the ass to set up cutter heads.

The collets, if you buy a Whidden micro adjustable lock ring, it makes it really easy.

But yea how it comes you have to set caliber for cutter and without a lock ring it can be a pain.

I’m not sure how the Henderson is for setup but it wasn’t an option when I got the giraud.

Agree with lawnboi. If you leave your cutter heads designated for a given cartridge and maybe caliber, it is easy after initial setup especially if you have micro adjust locking ring. Adjusting cutter heads is tedious and in some cases is necessary even for same caliber offerings. One example: say Brass A has 0.014" neck thickness and you size your necks to 0.003 interference fit - a cutter set up for brass B with 0.0155" neck thickness and 0.001" neck tension is not likely to give you a satisfactory chamfer/deburr balance.

If you're trimming/debur/chamfering 100+ cases the setup is well worth it. If you're a guy who does 20 at a time it may be less so.