Cable rod tuning , EVL34

Recluse

FNG
I have a slight right tear / point left tear. Would I move the cable rod slightly clockwise to correct ?

2Stamp

Lil-Rokslider
Seems some bows are more susceptible to it than others. I have a Prime that the rob adjustment definitely helps in tuning. On the Evo Evl I had, not quite as much. Mark where it is now, and try it.

If your arrow/rest are at center shot, you may be able to get the tear out with the rod. I try to leave my rest at center shot and will shim cams, adjust guard, adjust poundage, adjust arrow weight to get it to tune.

Elkhntr08

WKR
You would be better off putting a half turn in each of the right side “yokes” then messing with the cable rod.
It’s not a split cable, it’s a short yoke on a hanger. Not sure how long that fix will work.

OP
Recluse

Recluse

FNG
Thanks fellas. I had the bow dialed in with BH and FP hitting the same spot out to 30y last month.

I was grouping FP decently at 80y. I was looking over the bow after my last range trip. The set screws for the cable rod seemed loose. I tightened them down and my entire tune changed.

Now I have a bad right tear I can't tune out. Bareshafts hit WAY left of my FP. However, FP are still in the X at 20.

I have not tried BH yet.

I called PSE and they said to keep the set screws tight and then put the rod at 2 o clock. Which I did

I added twists to the top and bottom cam (right side) to no avail. Cam lean is fairly neutral at brace.

OR Archer

WKR
It’s not a split cable, it’s a short yoke on a hanger. Not sure how long that fix will work.
If you’ve ever used that system it works just like a standard yoke. Its not a floating yoke like their older designs. It’s effects on twisting aren’t as pronounced as a traditional split yoke but it does the same thing.

Yobrevol

FNG
I think he is saying he has the floating yoke design

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Evol

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks fellas. I had the bow dialed in with BH and FP hitting the same spot out to 30y last month.

I was grouping FP decently at 80y. I was looking over the bow after my last range trip. The set screws for the cable rod seemed loose. I tightened them down and my entire tune changed.

Now I have a bad right tear I can't tune out. Bareshafts hit WAY left of my FP. However, FP are still in the X at 20.

I have not tried BH yet.

I called PSE and they said to keep the set screws tight and then put the rod at 2 o clock. Which I did

I added twists to the top and bottom cam (right side) to no avail. Cam lean is fairly neutral at brace.
I had a similar issue and I called PSE and they said the same thing. However, I was at the local archery shop and looked at one off the shelf and I don't think it was 2:00. There was a few of them and they were all in this position. Not the best pic but I think you'll get the idea.

Attachments

• IMG_3429.jpg
    IMG_3429.jpg
    181.7 KB · Views: 38
OP
Recluse

Recluse

FNG
Wow yea that's more like 1 o'clock. Let me try that and see what happens. Hold my beer

OP
Recluse

Recluse

FNG
Holy shit I almost have a bullet hole from moving it to 1 o'clock

Evol

Lil-Rokslider
Holy shit I almost have a bullet hole from moving it to 1 o'clock
Great! All the bows at Lancaster were like that so I'm sure it's right. Not sure why they say 2. Hopefully it fixes your bh issue too.