Cabelas - Meindl

MT257

WKR
That’s great to hear. I have a pair of Denali’s in 11 but wanted to try an 11.5. Looks like they have identical boots and a few additional options.

Looks just like what Cabelas had before they dropped them on most their models.

I just went through my 2nd pair in 4 years of Perfekt hunters. They leaked. I will never buy another pair. Although they were comfortable boots.

keller

WKR
And good luck with the lifetime warranty with the ones we bought from Cabelas.

Uniqlo, Army/Navy Surplus, Walmart, Sportsmen's Warehouse, REI and AMH have been my "go to" retailers. I never did buy much stuff at Cabela's, other than their Alaskan Packframe and the occasional Meindl boots. Oh well, no biggie.
REI is a big anti-2nd Amendment company

Uniqlo, Army/Navy Surplus, Walmart, Sportsmen's Warehouse, REI and AMH have been my "go to" retailers. I never did buy much stuff at Cabela's, other than their Alaskan Packframe and the occasional Meindl boots. Oh well, no biggie.
their "Alaskan Packframe" is "great" until you get a load on it, then it's "excruciating" ….

That’s great to hear. I have a pair of Denali’s in 11 but wanted to try an 11.5. Looks like they have identical boots and a few additional options.

I bought the Denali's about 6-8 weeks ago at the Cabela's in Delaware in 13 EE. They are the most comfortable boot I have tried so far. I liked them so much I was looking on Cabela's site only to discover they dropped them just like every cabela's branded item I would buy again.

I looked up Meindel and it popped up a few days ago that they now had a USA website. The boot that looks like the Denali has a different midsole and sole. The midsole appears to be a PU mid vs the EVA of the Denali which should mean it will last longer but the sole may be stiffer based upon my understanding of sole materials.

Www.Meindlusa.com

Last edited:

Black hog

FNG
Confirmed today... Cabela's is no longer bringing in the Meindl line of boots. I also asked the sales guy if he was carrying the narrow sizes of Kennetrek. He shrugged, said "no" and told me they hardly have any on the self in any size. Looks like if you want Cabela's to outfit you for huntin/hiking footware, it's gonna have to be in a pair of camo Crocs. You gott'a love progress.
I bought 3 pairs at of the perfect hunters at the Lacey Washington cabelas for 100 per pair on clearance

Just an FYI, I have emailed Meindl USA a couple times with various questions. They have been very responsive, often replying within a couple hours or less. Their Vakuum Hunter is made on the same lasts as the Denali from Cabelas. They said there are some minor changes but they should fit the same.

This is opposed to Zamberlan’s customer service that does not have a phone number listed and never responded to my email submissions. I have no faith that they would ever respond if I had a warranty/quality issue after they have my money if they won’t even respond when they are trying to get my money. Zamberlan is off my shopping list.

BAKPAKR

WKR
The Wheeling Bass Pro Shops/Cabelas had some Meindls when I was there yesterday - Denali, Perfekt Hunter, and Alaska Hunter. None were marked down significantly though.

Travis2282

Lil-Rokslider
Just an FYI, I have emailed Meindl USA a couple times with various questions. They have been very responsive, often replying within a couple hours or less. Their Vakuum Hunter is made on the same lasts as the Denali from Cabelas. They said there are some minor changes but they should fit the same.

This is opposed to Zamberlan’s customer service that does not have a phone number listed and never responded to my email submissions. I have no faith that they would ever respond if I had a warranty/quality issue after they have my money if they won’t even respond when they are trying to get my money. Zamberlan is off my shopping list.
Phone # is on the website of zamberlan. Not saying they will answer but I seen it.

Phone # is on the website of zamberlan. Not saying they will answer but I seen it.

I couldn’t find a number in Zamberlan’s site when looking a few months ago. They did have an email/contact us deal. I sent them two messages and never got a response.

curt514

FNG
I couldn’t find a number in Zamberlan’s site when looking a few months ago. They did have an email/contact us deal. I sent them two messages and never got a response.

c8714c74b7ed255b526290e7521f0c9b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cernst

FNG
I loved these boots (the fit and 6 month performance) - unfortunately the quality does not promote longevity even when cared for. Cabelas/ Bass Pro doesn't honor or have the same warranty so these boots are not an option for me anymore.