Cabelas Credit Card 10% off days - gone for good?

TheCougar

WKR
Any Cabelas credit card members out there who have gotten emails or mailers with the 10% off deal for card holders? These are the 10% off for any item and valid if you paid with the credit card or gift card. I got the card a year ago and it was fairly regular - maybe once every month or two, then over the summer it just stopped, right around the time the 15-20% off gift cards disappeared off eBay. In November I got a mailer with a 10% off deal, but you had to pay with the credit card only, which makes it worthless. I’m probably going to cancel unless they give some reason to have the card.

Gutshotem

WKR
Haven't gotten one in a while. Just cashed out all of my points for a new rifle a couple weeks ago. Been nothing but disappointed since the BPS buyout. Only reason I've kept the card is for the 10%/free shipping sales, we'll see how much longer that lasts.

wyosteve

WKR
I've received a few of the 10% offers over the past few months via email. They were only for 1 day. Nothing beyond that. I was at the Sidney Cabelas/Bass Pro last weekend. I hadn't been there in a year or so and boy have things changed. No more Bargain Cave, most of the clothes is Bass Pro brand, no hunting clothes out on the racks, ammo section had minimal stock. Pretty disappointing.

I am a card holder, frequent the Woodbury Mn. cabelas, and with the way things are changing to all things bass pro shop I will be paying the card off and closing my account. I know 3 others considering the same. It's not cabelas anymore

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

The credit card division was spun off in the sale and isn’t part of the company anymore. That would be my guess as to why the offers have slowed on that front.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree went to cabelas in Roger's mn. Poor bargain cave, shelves are empty. The workers were happy I think he said he got 50% off on all the clothes.

WHAT CARD IS EVERYONE SWITCHING TO. I NEED IDEAS.

Backyard

WKR
Cashed in my points and cancelled my card a week and half ago. Will never do business with em again.

Chase Freedom Unlimited card is working great for me now.

I’ve had the cabelas card for 11 years and purchased many items with points over that time. Since the switch to bass pro not only have the special offers stopped but the stores don’t carry as many items that I am interested in purchasing now. I have a Capital One Spark business that is great, now that the cabelas card is underwritten by Capital One I’m considering calling and seeing if they can switch my Cabelas over to another of their cards similar to the Spark. It builds cash points just as fast as the Cabelas built store credit.

Dos XX

WKR
Also not a fan of the bassification of Cabelas. I used all my points during Christmas to get rid of them.

Another thing that has been eliminated is the "reception" they had, usually on a Sunday evening in the winter, that was open to card holders only and during that event you could get employee pricing on all, or most, items in the store. Due to work I could never attend the event on a Sunday evening. I retired in May so I was thinking I could attend the event this winter; Nope, the event has been eliminated.

Also, I have not received a card notification of the graduated discounts based on how much you would spend, $10 off if you spent $100, $50 off in you spent $500, etc. I think that deal has been eliminated with the merger.

It is just not the place it used to be.

ClearCreek

Dos XX

WKR
Cabelas used to run 2nd Amendment sales and run ads on local TV. I always respected that.

Grumman

WKR
I could look through an entire Bass Pro ad and not see anything I wanted or that I thought was a good sale. There was always 2-3 things in the Cabela’s ads that I would want. It’ll be interesting to see the financial performance going forward. I’m sure they will benefit from synergies but will also lose a lot of long time Cabela’s customers.

I’m disappointed too with the conversion to bass pro, i went in there yesterday looking for a skb or pelican type gun case for a long rifle and all they had were soft cases. They never seem to have anything i need anymore and all their clothing is transitioning to redhead which i think is garbage.

It was the last straw for me and i will be getting rid of my cabelas card. Lack of coupons and the offerings of cheaper products in there store isn’t worth it to me, such a bummer

VernAK

WKR
I discontinued use of their card a few months back and cashed out my points. Shortly after, they sent me a new card
which I never activated....cut it up. I had 2-3 accounts on auto pay and I switched those to my Costco card but forgot
to switch me In-Reach Auto Pay. Somehow they switched that account to their new card that I never activated. Last week
I got a statement for $800 for that In-Reach Auto Pay and whole host of charges in Alabama.

My call of course went to an ESL employee and I explained that I had never been to Alabama and she advised that AL is Alaska.

OK!......I can't recall ever seeing a thriving enterprise go down hill so fast. I suspect there will be a lot of Cabela's properties on the market.

wyoguy

Lil-Rokslider
Canceling my Cabelas card also and swapped over to the citi double cash card

nam1975

Lil-Rokslider
Cabelas was my go to for both hunting clothes or outer wear.
Not sure where to go now?

I've been waiting for a coupon/discount so I can get a sausage stuffer but it's been pretty dry for the past few months. There was a $100 club points offer when banks for the card switched to Capital One. You had to make something like 15 purchases with the card to get $100 extra points.

I'd advise folks that are considering closing the card against doing so. It doesn't cost you anything to have the card and not use it. It's better for your credit score to have more accounts in good standing and more available credit. If you don't use the card at all, the bank will eventually automatically close the account. This is just something to consider if you any major credit purchases you need to make (car, real estate) in the nearish future.

Jimss

WKR
If you are disappointed with Cabelas in Sidney you may want to steer clear of the 2 Denver stores they opened a few years ago. They have about 1/2 the hunting clothes/equipment that's in Sidney! You pretty much have to order online in Colo! Scheel's near Loveland is pretty impressive! Also, would rather shop at Sportsman's Warehouse because the Denver stores never have anything in stock! I wonder if the original Cabela's are rolling in their graves with what's going on?

I'd advise folks that are considering closing the card against doing so. It doesn't cost you anything to have the card and not use it. It's better for your credit score to have more accounts in good standing and more available credit. If you don't use the card at all, the bank will eventually automatically close the account. This is just something to consider if you any major credit purchases you need to make (car, real estate) in the nearish future.

You are right, this is the route I'll be taking. Pay it off and not use it.

Sportsman's warehouse closed by us years ago and since cabelas came in, gander outdoors didn't reopen their old gander mtn. store like they did in other locations. Doesn't leave alot of options.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk