CA Blacktail "migration"

When do you see blacktail's migrating down? I understand that they don't migrate but simply move down to the valleys.
Is it a timing thing? Does it require weather or following food sources? Or a combination of all of these. Specifically talking about b zone in California.

Peregrina

FNG
Lining in Lake County watching and following the black tails here. They all are different and depending on the weather and time of year. I notice in the summer during hunting seasons the blacktails in lake county early am they will travel from the top of the mtn range down towards creeks and bottom of the drainages. In Mendocino they start from the bottom and work their way up in the evening time. In southern boarder bzone area I have noticed they work their way down hill from early a.m. I usually hunt evenings but it makes it a long night if you get a successful hunt/ harvest.

OP
B
Lining in Lake County watching and following the black tails here. They all are different and depending on the weather and time of year. I notice in the summer during hunting seasons the blacktails in lake county early am they will travel from the top of the mtn range down towards creeks and bottom of the drainages. In Mendocino they start from the bottom and work their way up in the evening time. In southern boarder bzone area I have noticed they work their way down hill from early a.m. I usually hunt evenings but it makes it a long night if you get a successful hunt/ harvest.
Yeah I've definitely noticed that all deer kind of do their own thing. I was curious as we are approaching the end of the season if I should still focus up high - or start working down the draws/mountains. I was in the wilderness two weekends ago and found a buck in the same area as their summer range(top of the mountain). There is still plenty of food up high but with a couple of small storms coming through if that would start to push them down off the tops and make them drop 1000 feet in elevation